Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR: Your feelings on smoking. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

cyndi33 Posts: 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: NWR: Your feelings on smoking
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 11:11 AM

MY POINT, is that only with smoking do we make this argument.  We ignore the other items, because they are socially popular.  I take issue with that and have TRIED to make that clear.  I can not make the smoking argument on its own because there are too many other things which, IMO, are WORSE for everyone.  

As far as drugs, I responded to someone yes.  I don't think it was you who called addicts lazy and worthless, nor was it you who asked me (and ms. d) if we would make meth and coke legal.  However, I responded to that person.  

So yes, I've discussed more than just smoking, and so have 90% of the other posts.  

IF the arguments were held to all things "bad for you" in the same way, then I would at least find the basis logical and fairly applied.  But right now, all I see is government jumping on an anti smoker (NOT anti cigarette) bandwagon which ticks me off.   

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine