Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR: Your feelings on smoking. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

cyndi33 Posts: 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: NWR: Your feelings on smoking
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 11:25 PM

As to legalizing meth, coke, heroin?  Well....what I would NOT do is continue locking people up for the rest of their lives, or a good percentage of them, for violating the drug laws.  And waht I would also do away with is the "war on drugs" and the rest of the "war on...." which our government decides we're in when they are politically popular.  They simply don't work, but they DO cost taxpayers and people.  I wholeheartedly disagree with the lock them up and forget about them mentality...it's WHY I do what I do for a living.  

Yes, I guess I would allow each ADULT to determine what cancer-causing (and sorry, you're gonna need to prove that those cancer causing, if they are, toxins are somehow worse (without the emotional argument) than government sanctioned and promoted cancer causing toxins) toxins they wish to ingest.

Most harmful substances ARE legal, many are government sanctioned.  Peiople only get all up in arms about unpopular substances....but it is NOT directly proportional to the harm caused.

To me, it remains lacking in logic and basically futile and prone to a dangerous slippery slope based on the current bandwagon.  Period.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine