Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message NWR: THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG ONE - SOME VENTING SOME QUESTIONS -WHAT TO DO?. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Ashleyl525 Posts: 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
NWR: THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG ONE - SOME VENTING SOME QUESTIONS -WHAT TO DO?
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 11:46 AM

So I will start from the beginning...

I got a new job about 2 months ago...things have been fine and then the owner spent 3 days in the office starting last monday and screwed things up stuck his nose in the middle of deals and arrangements and just managed to honestly screw everything that he touched up....

fast forward - he leaves town and finally we have 2 days of peace...well things are still screwed up so i spend 2 days fixing everything that needed fixed...

Now comes Friday. My supervisor said that I was going to get my hours cut back some and told me that the owner said "Well if she isnt here as much she cant f*ck things up as much"

This made me mad because all of my accounts and files were fine until he stuck his nose into them....but hey whatever....

So as if I thought my week couldnt get any worse I get a call from Dave's sister frantic Friday night saying that Dave's grandmother had a ruptured anurism sp and that she was in the ICU and that it wasnt looking good for her....

Now mind you she doesnt know anything else...no hospital name, no idea who found her, no clue when this happened....

So I call dave at work and tell him whats going on and he starts making calls about it...FINALLY we find out that she is in MORGANTOWN (ABOUT @ HOURS FROM US) AND THAT SHES BEEN THERE SINCE 11AM THAT DAY!!!

NOONE CALLED US AT ALL!!!

Now here's where it gets good....

The cleaning lady came in to her house friday and found her around 9am called 911 and then called her neighbor to get the phone numbers for all of the family. The neighbor didnt call anyone at all and then went to the hospital with grandma and told them that shes her next of kin and that SHE had medical power of attorney...

NOW finally we found all of this out and now theres a code word on his grandmother so that noone but the family can call in and get any information.

WELL thats not good enough because now the neighbor is calling every 5 minutes demanding information and the hospital is getting to the point where they are going to stop accepting phone calls from ANYONE in the family and they will just call us if something happens or changes...

SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT HER INCCESSANT PHONE CALLS? I mean its an ICU Unit for christ's sakes.

Also the attorney that drew up the power of attorney papers and grandma's will is no longer a lawyer...he was dis-barred for embezzelment so how do we get a copy of those papers seeing as the ones that grandma had seem to be missing...

I dont know what I am looking for with this thread but i think i just needed to vent and get all of that out....

thanks guys

Ashley

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.
Sending Love to my Wormies!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine