Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR - week-long fight - need advice. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Re: NWR - week-long fight - need advice
Posted: May 22, 2008 6:47 AM

Thank you all for the replies and support!  I sat down with FH last night and we had an actual discussion (as opposed to the arguments and silence we had been dealing with earlier in the week).  His concern was similar to what I thought it was - that I would be taken advantage of on the committee as the former-chair and end up picking up a bunch of extra work just because I used to be chair and knew the ins and outs of it all.  I assured him that it would not be like that, that I did know how to say no, and that I had picked the easiest committee position that was available.  

After that conversation, everything is mostly back to normal.  I think he still has reservations about me doing the majority of the work, because I was completely taken advantage of this past year in that aspect, but the only way to get rid of those concerns are to prove to him that it's not going to happen again. 

I'm so glad this argument is finally over!  Let's just hope in never resurfaces... :)

Valerie

Wedding Date:  September 27, 2008

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine