Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR - week-long fight - need advice. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

77ChevyGirl Posts: 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Re: NWR - week-long fight - need advice
Posted: May 22, 2008 3:53 AM

MrsH,

There is a happy medium here.  I don't think this has to be an all or nothing scenario.

I agree with everyone else who said you have to find out WHY.  I created my own non-profit on a cause that was very near and dear to me.  FH knew this, and actually helped me to start it.  We rarely get date nights & so on (we're both workaholics working multiple jobs).  He knew how important this was to me, and thus it became important to him.

I do think you need to find out is it because of the fear/discomfort with the topic of cancer that some PP's had mentioned, is it because of the fear of you being taken advantage of like you had said, is it a time issue...SOMETHING is bothering him about this.

If my FH & I need to discuss something that's REALLY important or we're arguing about something, I write my thoughts out so that I know I'm making all the points I want/need to.  Maybe you should just write out some key points from your perspective & then sit him down & just talk.  Listen to each other & try to find a middle ground.

You can absolutely be a part of this fund-raiser without it killing you (or your marriage).  If it's a time issue, see if you can "down-size" some of your responsibilities.  There are ways to making something like this work so that it's a good compromise for both of you, and no one gets really hurt. 

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine