Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR - week-long fight - need advice. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

We2Heart Posts: 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Re: NWR - week-long fight - need advice
Posted: May 21, 2008 9:26 PM

I know its not the same, but FH and I used to fight about my level of involvement in my sorority.  Being something really important to me, I was always spending my free time and (lots) of money to keep things going, and hoping to keep the girls motivated.  It seemed like everyone just didn't care as much as I did and they neglected their responsibilities, so I would feel like I had to pick up the slack. Long story short, I stepped back because it was hurting FH (then still BF) who felt that it was affecting our future relationship. 

I was worried what would happen if I wasn't there as much anymore. Because it seemed like I was the only one that did anything for the group.  But you know what happened?  The rest of the girls stepped up to the plate. 

I guess what I'm saying is that I believe if you step down someone will step up and do more.  Sometimes, some people know they can get away with neglecting their responsibilities because there is someone like you to pick up the slack.  But when that person is gone, then they realize they can't just slack off anymore.  And it's not like you have to completely drop out.  There are plenty of other ways to show your continuing support for Relay and cancer research. 

Though it's a great cause and I definitely applaud your support for the cause, if your FH is really fighting with you about it, maybe coming to some kind of compromise is best here.

Good Luck! I know it's really hard to fight with your FH about this because it's not like its a bad habit.  It's helping fundraise for cancer research!

**I love him like a fat kid loves cake**  Kiss

**It just hit me that in 4 months, I will become the Mrs. to my Mr.**

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine