Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message NWR - week-long fight - need advice. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

NWR - week-long fight - need advice
Posted: May 21, 2008 3:05 PM

FH and I have been arguing for the majority of this week, and I just need some perspective from people who don't know either of us. 

So I'm very involved with Relay For Life (fundraiser for The American Cancer Society) - I have chaired the event for the past two years, and will be on the planning committee next year when I step down as chair (FH agreed to this).  Well, we were talking about what I will be doing on the committee earlier this week, and he got upset about how much responsibility I'll have, the fact that I will continue to have monthly meetings, etc.  I got offended because he got upset.  I mean, this is VERY important to me, as I have known so many people to either have cancer or die from cancer - I was just at a funeral last week for my friend's husband that died from lung cancer at 52 years old (never smoked).  I would think that something so important to me would be important to him too, or that he would at least support me in my efforts.  But he's really fighting me tooth and nail on this, to the point it makes me want to quit the committee. 

I just don't know what to do.  I'm exhausted from arguing.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Valerie

Wedding Date:  September 27, 2008

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine