Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR - 2nd Marriages - Is anyone else getting flack from their X?. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

luvathena Posts: 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Re: NWR - 2nd Marriages - Is anyone else getting flack from their X?
Posted: May 8, 2008 1:28 AM

Oh-I hear ya!

I've been divorced for 15 years and my ex still tripped out when I got engaged.

One reason I've waited so long to get into a relationship was I thought it was best if I waited until my kids were grown (my youngest is in her 2nd year of college). Because any time I've even dated my ex became an idiot about everything-and would punish me by withdrawing from the kids. That hurt them horribly.

I think he is one of the most remarkably selfish men I've ever met. My son (who is 23) refused to even meet my fh for 6 months because he thought he was being disloyal to his Dad. He struggles with it a lot more than his sister does. I just try to be supportive of them as they struggle with their loyalties, and don't push.

The games that some exs play never seem to end. But at least in my case, after being engaged for over a year mine has calmed down. In fact he is again hitting on me. Sigh.

Good luck. You have my sympathy and my understanding. 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine