Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR-This Whole Polygamist Thing. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Charlotte09 Posts: 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Re: NWR-This Whole Polygamist Thing
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:48 AM
BenjaminsBride, Big Love is such a great show, but I heard that because of this issue and the issues that have been popping up with these FLDS groups that they wont be bringing back the show for season 3! I guess they are afraid that it glamorizes that lifestyle and of corse HBO does not want to be apart of that. But it makes me sad because it is a great show and I think it actually does show how poor of a decision it is to have plural marriages, and how crazy that whole lifestyle can be. 

And about their hair, I was in a play once where we had to wear our hair like that because it fit the time period and we had to use these cardboard popup or rolled up wash cloths and put them under our hair to keep it up. I am not sure if that was just a strategy to make us look authentic or if that is how they really do it. 

Message was edited by: Charlotte09

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine