Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Hope this isn't controversial.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

77ChevyGirl Posts: 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Re: Hope this isn't controversial...
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 11:28 PM

Mrs. Denuninani,

When I think of people not supporting the troops, I think of the Vietnam vets being spat on when they returned home.  Since the majority were draftees, they didn't want to be there...They hated the war just as much as the rest of us.

Again, I have known many soldiers, and when my loved ones come home from this war, I certainly won't spit on them.  And I'd probably beat the crap out of any one who did!  BUT, by no means do I think that being in Iraq & fighting this crap is right.  Everything aside, the reason why America is one of the most hated countries is simply because the fact that we feel the need to invade all these countries & force them to live like we do.   Obviously in cases where people's lives are in danger (i.e., concentration camps), that's one thing.  But to be lied to by our "commander in chief" and to be led into wars that may not necessarily have the same justification as WWII, I have a problem supporting that war.  But again, I would NEVER show a soldier disrespect.  That, to me, is how you support the troops but not the war.

I agree with you 100% on the "supporting gays" comment - I personally do not feel that someone can compare supporting gays but not gay marriage to supporting troops & not a war.  That's just me.

I agree that we deserve a better and honest conversation.  I agree that we seldom get that.  That absolutely needs to change.  My rhetorical question is, in order for us to get that better, honest conversation, don't we need to get everyone out of politics & start over?  Personally, I believe the corruption in politics is what has led us to receive this false information from the government.

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine