Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Hope this isn't controversial.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

newsjunkie Posts: 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Hope this isn't controversial...
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 11:07 AM

Sweetie, re: your comment, "I find it amusing that no poster has yet to stand up and say, Hey my FH is over there...".  First off, I JUST wrote that my own brother was over in Iraq and secondly, what does it matter?  You can still have an opinion on the war without having a close relative there.  (And why is it "amusing"?")

And I do not believe the troops are fighting for our freedoms.  How on earth would they be doing that?  Bush sent us into a war that, as I mentioned before, HE started (because the terrorist events of 9/11 have NOTHING TO DO with the war in Iraq) and the troops are following their orders.  They are fighting for the idiocies of the Bush presidency- I feel sorry for them.  Honestly, if I were a soldier who signed up pre-Iraq I would rather go to jail than fight in a country that we invaded for NO reason.  I don't blame those who went over there, of course, because, as I said, they are following orders and doing their jobs.  I DO support the troops (because my brother was one) but don't support this stupid mess of a war.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine