Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Hope this isn't controversial.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

KPM Posts: 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Re: Hope this isn't controversial...
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 12:53 AM

Many have already stated a lot of what I know and believe. 

To answer the original question...  Yes, You can support the troops, and not support the war. 

I know personally.  My son just returned from 15 months in Iraq.  Did I want him there? - NO  Did I support him to the best of my ability? - YES

To me there are may political issues surrounding this war.  It is no longer just about political issues for me - it's personal!  In the end.... it does affect our freedom.  Would we want 9/11 happening again? NO!! 

As a Senior Ride Captian in the Patriot Guard Riders I have stood tall, silent and proud to honor young men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  I have held the hands and wiped the tears of parents, siblings, and wives of soldiers who are HEROS.  I have stood between those very families and those who protest at soldiers funerals.  Each and every one of those families have touched my heart.  I can tell you the 40 names of the soldiers I have stood for - including 2 men who stood side by side as brothers in arms next to my son.  For the grace of God - will I have to call on my brothers and sisters to stand for my family.

Do soldiers get "automatic hero status"?  Not necessarily - but there are those of us who remember what is was like when soldiers came home and were spit on for serving thier country.  As one of the patches I have on my vest that I wear states "If you can't stand behind our troops, try standing in front of them"

Puddles

Sr Ride Captain - SE Texas Patriot Guard Riders

Blue Star Mom

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who at one point in thier life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life"

Author Unknown

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine