Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Hope this isn't controversial.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

sweetie01494 Posts: 73 Registered: 2/17/08
Re: Hope this isn't controversial...
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 10:07 PM

I am impressed and glad to see that there has been quite some informative discussion on this since yesterday! DCTex- WONDERFUL info.

Here's the deal folks. It's all well and good for us to judge now, but as someone else said, hindsight is 20/20. It 's quite another thing to be the one making such a massive choice for this country and holding it's citizens lives in your hands. Massive decision with massive repercussions and I find it hard to believe that any one human made the choice to go to war lightly or with just a thought as to what it might gain "him". It's very easy to judge our President's choice to go to war, but let's think...how well is your thought process say now? four days from tax deadline, arguing with your husband, your two year old throwing a temper tantrum, and infant needing attention and you still have ten "other" things on your to do list? Is your head always clear? There are pressures in our lives that we think are overwhelming. Imagine what they must be/have been when this came about...having to make a decision like this. No ONE could have forseen the path this war would take, but we are in it.

Weapons of mass destruction...I'm not so concerned about the bombs blowing me up. More concerned about the chemical and Microbial weapons of mass destruction. How about smallpox? It's spread in a respiratory manner...God help us if terrorists get their hands on that and figure out how to dispurse it. Google it and tell me you are more afraid of a bomb! (Yes smallpox has been "eradicated" as of 1989-I believe- but there are still two known samples as of 1993 that were not destroyed...)

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine