Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Hope this isn't controversial.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

sweetie01494 Posts: 73 Registered: 2/17/08
Re: Hope this isn't controversial...
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 1:48 AM

Birdlover-I am humble enough to say that I do not have all the answers. That is because I have a very small part of the information, like the rest of the American population;) Again, the joys of government. I do however know that there are insurgents, terrorists and people who HATE us (want to kill our soldiers) there...so ultimately that fact is validated.

Chevy-Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It is a humbling, enlightening and strengthening experience. In regards to the laying your head down safe at night comment. That is mainly directed to those who choose not to support our soldiers and ultimately what they are doing. I am not implying that the ladies on here do not support them or take them (the soldiers) nor their freedoms for granted. I am impressed with most of the ladies opinions on this forum. The phrase also leads into the belief that you can never know what it is to walk a mile in another person's shoes...a soldier's shoes. (It is a favorite of my FH...)

I can't imagine what it was like to be a Vietnam veteran, as in my father's generation.  Additionally I am grateful that there are so many today that can make the mature distinction between supporting the war and supporting the soldiers in the war. In that way we can show that this country has evolved!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Message was edited by: sweetie01494

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine