Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Hope this isn't controversial.... Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

77ChevyGirl Posts: 272 Registered: 1/6/08
Re: Hope this isn't controversial...
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 1:27 AM

Sweetie04194,

I'm so sorry your FH is there, and has been there before.  Although I know what it's like to have a loved one out there, I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be to have the love of your life there.  I can understand how all this is so sensitive for you. You & he are in my thoughts & prayers.

I do want to say one thing in response to something you said.  "I feel like it must be nice to walk in those shoes...judging and laying your head down safe at night while those men and women, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters...fight and DIE for your freedoms."  In speaking for myself, and the impression I've been getting from the other ladies on here, we do not take our freedoms for granted.  I have had at least one person I have known & cared about in WWII, Vietnam, The Gulf War & this war.  I know what my loved ones have gone through (the ones that did come home, that is).  I know what has been lost just so that I can have the luxuries that I have.  Personally, not a day goes by that I do not say a prayer of gratitude for all that I have, and for all that was given so that I could have this.  By no means am I passing judgment without realizing the consequences.  Again, I think the same holds true for the majority of the ladies here.

Again, you & your fiancee are in my thoughts & prayers.  I pray safety & well-being for both of you.  Take good care. 

~ Lauren - The Future Mrs. Harvey

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine