Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Bill of Rights for the boards. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

kelleyiskelley Posts: 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Bill of Rights for the boards
Posted: Mar 1, 2007 6:39 PM

LOL Good idea Newsie! Although I thought things were getting better lately on here, but oh well...

Here are a couple more BILL OF RIGHTS from me...

1. BE CLEAR and SPECIFIC in your posts. So many times I have read posts that are soooo vague and full of run-on sentences, no commas, and zero punctuation. I understand not everyone has perfect grammar, but pls take the time to at least use obvious things like periods and spaces if possible lol. And be SPECIFIC about what it is youre looking for. I have read so many posts that say things like:

Wedding next year. Suggestions please?

HUH???? Suggestions for what? What do you want? And then I have to ask like 10 questions just to get some idea of what they may want, and then they never return to check their own post. Yes, life happens... but in general, if you post something and people take the time to answer you, COME BACK AND READ IT! :)

2. Try to recognize that in the end, this is just a Message Board. Some people take every comment WAAAY too seriously. I mean, I understand you want good advice and such, but in the grand scheme of things, does it REALLY matter that "iwuvjohny74" disagrees with your decision to have favors at your wedding? No. So try not to get sooo upset when people have differing opinions to your own. I cant tell you how many threads I have read where it is literally 25 pages of people just pointlessly arguing over their different opinions and how this one was too rude and that one was offensive, etc. Again, noone should put up with being blatantly abused or insulted, but sometimes people just need to relax and get a sense of humor too. I have no way of gaging what someone else deems offensive, so Im not going to tiptoe around trying to word things in a politically correct way. Bottom line is, whatever any of us says, SOMEONE will find it offensive. So lighten up, and realize everyone is on the boards for different reasons. Boredom, wedding planning, helping others, entertainment, form of escape, whatever. Dont insult other peoples reasons for being here. (i.e. "I dont have all the time in the world to spend on here like you" or "thats your 500th post ,maybe you should get a life.") Its just not cool.

And lastly, just relax and HAVE FUN with this ladies. Its supposed to be fun to be on here, and informative. So appreciate each others advice and opinions as much as you can. Thanks!

Kelley Lynn:)

Message was edited by kelleylynn on Mar 6, 2007 3:47 PM

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine