Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: NWR--(sorry) cat-astrophe. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Re: NWR--(sorry) cat-astrophe
Posted: May 5, 2006 10:09 AM

That is so awful!  A dying cat, and vet stuff on top of that!  I have a 16 year old cat who is dying.  But, I am hoping she will continue to be pain-free until then.  She has been an indoor cat.  She was technically a previous boyfriend's but he let me keep her.  His doing that made the breakup go so much easier because we stopped fighting over the stuff, since I didn't really care, I had my Sasse kitty.  Funny thing is, we ended up with a fair division of stuff.  Anyway, Several years ago she got feline Lupus.  It manifasted externally, instead of internally.  Which was a good thing.  She would get these growths around her mouth and on her feet.  Whenever she got them, I'd take her into the vet to get them removed.  Except for when she first got it, she has seemed like her normal self.  Then she got a tumor on the back of her tongue.  The vet said she couldn't remove it without removing her tongue, and eventually it will kill her.  Now, she makes weird snoring noises, and awake she occasionally sounds like one of those things you use to blow air on a fire.  I am just trying to enjoy my time with her.  I don't want her to be in pain, so she is on a 'death watch', which sucks, but it is better than the alternative. 

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine