Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Totally NWR, But I'd Appreciate Your Opinions. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Totally NWR, But I'd Appreciate Your Opinions
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 9:29 PM

While attending medical school for the past two years, my FH has lived in Philadelphia, which is about four hours away from our hometown; I've been living back home the whole time.  FH is finally moving nearer to home!  He's doing his last two years of school in Pittsburgh.  He finishes his finals on Friday, May 12th, plans to clean his apartment and pack over the weekend, and move back on Monday.  I (and probably FMIL) have been planning to drive out over the weekend to help him pack and to move his stuff back. 

I recently realized that if I go to Philly as planned, I will be gone over Mothers' Day (May 14), and my mom is upset about that.  She says it will really hurt her feelings if I am not in town to celebrate Mothers' Day with her. 

It's not that I don't want to be with her on her special day; I do.  It's just that I've been planning to help FH move back, and after him being away for two years, I'm really excited to help him move back home!  What would you do if you were me, go to Philly as planned or stay home in order to celebrate Mothers' Day with your mom? 

PS
In case you're thinking of compromises, I doubt my mom will want me to celebrate Mothers' Day with her after the fact; also, I'm not sure if going to Philly but leaving early so as to be home by Sunday is an option.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine