Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Has anyone else noticed the level of disrespect on this board lately?. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Re: Has anyone else noticed the level of disrespect on this board lately?
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 3:24 PM
I think that in some cases its an issue of people not knowing how to really express themselves in this format. Even with the smileys you can really misinterpret tone, intent, etc b/c you don't have a face and expression to put the words with.

That said, I've also noticed some rudeness and immaturity but in any open forum that will happen; you're also going to have people who are more outspoken and confrontational, and welcome the chance for a simple comment or question become a battle of wills. Just like in face-to-face life.

I would really hope no one is discouraged enough to be scared off what I think is an otherwise very helpful, fun and supportive forum. I try to stay OUT of most of the posts that become inflamed and stick to giving ideas, congrats, and advice, and sharing experiences. I think (hope) that THAT more than anything will counter any rudeness or negativity.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine