Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: Sorry if I offended you all. Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Re: Sorry if I offended you all
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:51 PM
Okay, you little charm-school dropout, I'm going to preface this with the statement that I agree with whoever said you're probably a 14 year old high school kid. HOWEVER, just in case you aren't, let me say this:

You are way out of line. If you have inadequacy issues about your life, status, haircolor, or wedding, keep them to yourself. Your statements are so obviously not anything but belligerence to cover your insecurity. You hate rich girls? Really? How many do you know? Every girl with money is not Paris Hilton. There are plenty of snotty rich girls, just like you've amply demonstrated that there are plenty of snotty not-so-rich girls. There are also many people with more money than you who are also great people. It's disgusting to attribute behaviors and prejudices to others because of your own preconceived notions. Attitudes like yours stem from the unspoken fear that these "rich" people will look down on you. But you have no right to assume they will, and by assuming they're all bitches, you've committed the very same sin.

Secondly, I'm a hairdresser, and the color of a woman's hair has NOTHING to do with her character. I'm also a redhead, but you're embarrassing me! In fact, the "Park Avenue Princess" type you're so resentful of is far more likely to be a brunette than a blonde. The only thing a woman's haircolor is a reliable indicator of is how OTHER people (men, idiots like you) will perceive her. Wouldn't it be nice if in the 21st century we WOMEN could stop judging and classifying each other on such superficial criteria?

Third, I'm probably more wealthy than a lot of the people on these boards, and I'm having the whole dream fairy tale wedding. So you can hate me too. But my point is that I don't think that makes me better than anyone here. Everyone here is a valuable individual with dreams, hopes, and strength that deserves respect. We are all here for support, creative ideas, and to have the most beautiful, meaningful weddings we can...it doesn't matter if that wedding costs $200k or $5k. What is important is that the wedding represents the best of the participants and is full of love and truth. SO please, take your aggro inferiority complex SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine