Post Message: Reply

Post reply in forum NWR (Not Wedding Related) to message Re: So sad today. My brother is back in the Army. (long). Your message will be posted from Guest. If you would like to change your username, please edit your account.

Tags

(use spaces to separate multiple tags, use an underscore to combine two words)
 - 

Replying To:

Re: So sad today. My brother is back in the Army. (long)
Posted: Apr 9, 2006 1:04 PM
Well NewsJunkie, I know exactly how you feel, by 100%. You see from my profile that my FH and I will not be wed until the year 2008. Reason being? My little sister was sent to Iraq last July. After her son's 2nd birthday party. She will not be returning until November 2007. With her being my Matron of Honor, I told her I would postpone the wedding until she got back. (We had been planning our wedding in 2005). I have to admit that I am a little upset that I have to wait that long to have my Wedding. But without my little sister there, I couldn't have it at all. I can tell you that any time there are visitations, and you are within flying reach of eachother, you should take them. It means the world to them when they unexpectedly find their families waiting out there for them. My sister and I keep in constant touch with emails and just writing plain old letters to eachother. I also call her from time to time, not as much as I would like cause at $2.00 a minute, I can't afford huge phone bills. But I still try atleast once a month, to hear the sound of her voice. We send pictures. And I send her plans and suggestions and ideas that I have for the Wedding. (I want to keep her constantly in the circle to help me with as much as possible.) Also, whenever possible I send her candies from Mexico that we all grew up eating as children. She loves that! (So does everyone else there apparently, because she tells me that everyone always asks her, "Has your sister sent anymore goodies?") hehe. So, I know it's tough. But you just have to hang in there and be strong for them anyway. They're the ones that are stuck way the hell out there. And all we have is to worry, but I never let her sense that. Take Care and God Bless you and your brother.  

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine