Did you get engaged on Valentine's Day?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6
Posted: Feb 15, 2005 10:04 AM

Posted: Feb 15, 2005 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got engaged on Christmas eve...and didn't realize what was happening. I actually left the room in the middle of the proposal to use to restroom.

Posted: Feb 27, 2005 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i didnt get engaged on valentines day-but we did buy our rings on valentines day.we looked for such a long time thru hundreds of rings and we finally chose a 1.25 carat amythyst heart for the engagement ring and wedding bands of gold with diamonds thru them.a plain diamond engagment ring just would do.the big purple heart reflects the warm loving hearts we have for each other. i love it!

Posted: Sep 23, 2005 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was so surprised that my FH proposed to me on Valentine's Day cause he told me he would never do it on a holiday. Liar! Big Grin

Posted: Oct 21, 2005 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Day before, only reason we got engaged so close to Valentines Day was because the concert where he proposed fell the day before valentines day.

Posted: Jan 13, 2006 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I actually got engaged the night before halloween. It wasnt planed that is just how things fell. The ring came in that week and he finally got my dad alone to ask him if he could.

Posted: Feb 7, 2006 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Actually we got engaged 11:58, two minutes before Valentine's day. We went out to a movie that evening and then we went for a drive(he knows that I love to drive around especially at night time with all the lights) and just before we went to bed he asked me if I wanted my valentine card and chocolate or did I want to wait until morning and of course I hate waiting for gifts so I said Yes lets open them now so he went to get his and I got my little treat I had for him. When he came back he kneeled on the floor by the bed where I was lying and started reading out this HUGE card he had for me and at the bottom he had wrote " Will you make me the happiest man alive and say YES" Will you marry me? I started crying and he showed me my ring, I just kept looking at it! I just love my ring...then he said will???I said Yes and he put the ring on my finger...Then he gave me my chocolate LOL

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine