How to include my stepdad?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

LizzyB Posts : 2 Registered: 8/20/13
How to include my stepdad?
Posted: Dec 4, 2013 10:09 AM

We're a few months into our planning and I've already hit a big hurdle. My parents divorced when I was 7 and my mother remarried when I was 10 years old. My dad has always been involved in my life -- joint custody, etc. He will be the one to walk me down the aisle, no question. But my stepfather is a great guy and has been really good to my sisters and I through the years. While not upstaging my father, I want to give him a special moment to show how important he is to me. I'm the first child to get married and I'm very nervous I'm going to do something to ruin all the years of civility in my family with a bad decision.

Anyone had a similar situation? What did you do for step-parent?

Thanks for any help!!

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Re: How to include my stepdad?
Posted: Dec 8, 2013 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: LizzyB

There are numerous ways to include a step-father. He might walk you half way down the aisle, then your father walks you the remainder of the way. You could have your father walk you down the aisle, then have all the parents stand (your mom and step-dad and step-mother if there is one) and all of them would give you away.

You can also have a special dance with your step-father during the reception. You might talk with your wedding planner or with your minister for other ideas. Honoring both men will make the wedding even more special for both of them and for you.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine