How to be the best wife

Online Users: 1,307 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Re: How to be the best wife
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

LOL, that list is classic! And the sad part is a lot of women my moms age still believe in a lot of that crap.

I HATE cooking and honestly don't even know how to cook a lot of things. When my mom hears that I hardly ever cook a look of horror crosses her face - it's hilarious. And there is no way in hell I am going to be all dolled up for DH every day. Forget it, it takes too much time and energy. Face cream and rollers after he is asleep? Ya right!

Dh always jokes that I need to go to wife school - I probably do! It's funny because my girl friend and I were talking the other day about how we would fail as a wife back in the day and probably have been tarred and feathered or beheaded for disobeying and not worshipping men, LOL.

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

This is really quite funny - I actually have that on my facebook page as a joke. I got a good laugh out of it.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

well then, I need to go out and buy a ribbon to put in my hair

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

I do sometimes get the desire to Vacuum in high heels...isnt that how they did it back in the day?

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

I was thinking of this thread the other day. A friend of mine whose husband is in the Navy and she was upset b/c the house wasn't cleaned by the time he got home...really She was like "it's my job"...uh huh...But I love her.

Mrs. Pinky

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I have a friend who, sad to say, actually lives like this. She makes all of his meals daily, cleans the house spotless because its "her job", lets him have his way with sex even if she doesn't want it.
I told her there was no way in hell i'd live like that.
DH makes his own breakfast and packs his own lunch because he's a big boy and can take care of himself. i really only do the dishes every couple of days and clean the whole house maybe once a week and i make DH help if he's home.
DH would be out on his ass if he even thought i needed to act that way!

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I'm all too familiar with those sage words of the 50's. When I was in high school I went to a talk where a speaker gave out this appaling book (I can't remember the name of the stupid book!) that gave instructions like that, on how to manipulate your man into doing what you want, and how to be a good wife. It made me wretch. It belongs in the FUNNY-2-1-1.jpg picture by mbernal.

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 9:24 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

In my personal opinion...if the husband works and the wife doesnt (or vice versa) it is the persons job who stays at home to keep the house clean and do most of the work at home. I know if i had to work all day and i came home to a dirty house and my husband just laid around all day not doing crap i would be pissed!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

I'd be pissed too, but my friend works full time along with her husband. So her husband expects her to go to work all day and still come home and do all the housely duties before he gets home.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

LOL.... been there- done that. I "thought" this was everything a good wife should be like. My first husband was in the Army back in the day. And let me tell you being stationed overseas, that's almsot the way things were done. Then I WOKE -UP! many years later.....my life NOW as a wife, is VERY different. We do house duties together or take turns, from cooking to laundry to yard work you name it. Sometimes we cook together and other times it's fend for yourself with leftovers. =)

mygirlssmallpic.jpg picture by im_sweet_teenk

Brides.com Detective

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

Yeah, hell NO!! LOL. I do actually do most of the cooking, but it sure isn't ready when FH gets home from work. If I was to actually do any of this crap, FH would probably think I'd been abducted by aliens and replaced with a look-alike. HA!!

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

daisy95 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/9/13
Posted: Apr 9, 2013 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

This might be from the "50's" however this is almost exactly how I treat my husband. He works 12-14 hours daily and I get the luxury of staying home with our babies. He buys & provides everything we need and want and constantly tells me how blessed he is to have a wife like me. I cook 3 meals a day, keep the house tidy, get all of our laundry done, I make sure I look good when he comes home from work, my kids are so small though so our house is only quiet when they sleep and we have no problem with that! :) lol My husband holds me in his sleep almost every night, we take fun trips together. We play wrestle, chase eachother around the house, play games, video games, watch movies all night on the weekends. We are so happy and blessed to be so fortunate. Im not slaving over my husband im just doing my part at home. However he helps me so much with our kids. He is very lovey dovey with me. He plays sports with our son, and he isn't demanding towards me. However through this all Im also doing "insanity" workout daily to stay fit and going to college online to become a CPA! I will open a home office so I can continue to do my duties here at home. It's all a habit now and doesnt even bother me anymore lol. God bless everyone♥

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine