advice on a potential wedding party disaster

Online Users: 1,345 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2

mrsloverboy Posts : 5 Registered: 2/28/13
advice on a potential wedding party disaster
Posted: Feb 28, 2013 1:13 PM

Long story, my family is southern and very traditional, my sibling is having some serious problems and can't be included and it is killing my parents/grandparents. They would be very happy to have a wedding without attendants.

My fiance thinks a wedding without a wedding party would seem weird to the guests. I feel like he doesn't care as much about having his groom's men as he cares about the opinion of the guests on his side. But I feel like having a bridal party will only bring attention to family drama that I would rather keep to a minimum on my big day and would hurt peoples' feelings.

My question is (honest answers please) is it possible to have a very traditional (church & country club style) wedding without attendants? Would it seem weird? Have you been to a traditional first wedding without attendants and thought it felt strange or wrong? thought it worked well? I would really appreciate any insight that anyone could give me on this one. Thank you!

Edited by: mrsloverboy on Feb 28, 2013 1:48 PM

mrsloverboy Posts : 5 Registered: 2/28/13
Re: advice on a potential wedding party disaster
Posted: Feb 28, 2013 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: mrsloverboy

I'm sorry for the longest post ever...

Uberoom1 Posts : 26 Registered: 12/10/12
Re: advice on a potential wedding party disaster
Posted: Mar 1, 2013 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: mrsloverboy

To be honest, you are not the only one that is thinking, doing or has done that before! Actually is getting more and more common these days. So donīt fell like you are doing something wrong.

This is your day, so do what ever you want and enjoy the ride.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine