Alternations for Tea Length dresses . . .

Online Users: 1,288 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 2
Alternations for Tea Length dresses . . .
Posted: Jan 5, 2005 2:55 PM

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have 4 BMs for an early spring wedding in Arizona and I chose a Bari Jay tea length dress for them to wear. My BMs are, of course, in two different states - neither of which is AZ. They are, in height, 5'9", 5'6", 5'4", & 5'1"; a difference of eight inches from the tallest to the shortest. The dress shop said that we should have the tallest BM try the dress on with shoes and then have it measured from the floor. Then the other BMs should match the length. My question is - how will that make the dress look on the BM that is 5'1"? Will it be super-long on her or super-short? I am more worried about the dress being flattering on all the girls than the length matching exactly, but it would look nice in pictures if we could have both. Any insight?

LoveWendy Posts : 4 Registered: 1/7/13
Re: Alternations for Tea Length dresses . . .
Posted: Jan 7, 2013 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maybe, you can have the dresses custom tailored for every BM. With the height of each BM, the dressmaker can estimate the length of the dress. I have a friend who purchased herbridesmaid dresses from 1dress.co.uk.She had the bridesmaids' measurements professionally taken first, then chose custom size, and the dress all came in great fit!

rachelgreen Posts : 4 Registered: 1/7/13
Re: Alternations for Tea Length dresses . . .
Posted: Jan 7, 2013 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: LoveWendy

wedding dresses

Absolutely stunning dresses at very reasonable prices, very well made and of good quality material. I will buy this one!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine