Fears on Ordering Online

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

callmelindy Posts : 8 Registered: 10/5/09
Fears on Ordering Online
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:20 PM

I have a very minimal budget for a wedding dress... my ultimate max I can spend is about $250. So, naturally, I started looking online.
I found multiple cheap dress sites... the problem is, most of them are in China or Taiwan. :\ I am really scared to have a wedding dress be made overseas.
I have looked on Ebay for dresses in the States, but they lack modest cheap wedding dresses in my size (size 6). I have also went to my local Davids Bridal and their $99 dollar dresses are either strapless or just plain ugly.
My wedding is going to be late Jan to early Feb. If I order one online, I have to do it ASAP. I'm on a crunch and am getting a little stressed. :\

So, has anyone here ordered online from overseas? Is there a trustworthy overseas seller you can reccomend?

Any help is very much appreciated! :)

Lindy

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
Re: Fears on Ordering Online
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

i dont suggest ordering you r dress online. what you think you want may not be what you fall in love with when you start trying dresses on. (thats how it was with me i always invisiond a big poofy mari antoinett dress with the longest train i could get and after trying on dresses i fell in love with a very soft flowy aine dress with a lace overlay) and as far as you budget goes, i understand budget im doing my entinre wedding on 2k and yes, it can be done and done beautifully. my dress was a 800 dollar dress and i got it for 300 at davids bridal. they were having a sale and the dres was going to be discontinued so i got this awesome price. go to your local bridal shops and ask if they have any specials or ask for a list of dresses that are going out of stock or season.

breathe

find your center

and enjoy this time of premarital bliss

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

MrsBiery Posts : 56 Registered: 6/8/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: FmF

I bought my gown online about 2 years ago. I did look around for gowns I liked in the stores. Once I found one, I looked online to see what was out there, and I found the exact gown I fell in love with. I was a little nervous about the order but, it came in faster than what was said even online. It was also $300 cheaper than the ones in the store. This is the site I used.. I know it says plus size but it also carries smaller sizes http://www.plussizebridal.com/SearchResults.asp?category=BG

A few things to consider if you do find a gown online. 1) Read the return policy and see how long you have to return/exchange something. 2) Order the gown in a larger size than what you tried on in the store (always easier to take a gown in than let one out) 3) You will have to find a place to get the gown altered. In a regular gown shop you have the option to have their professional seamstresses alter it for you.
MrsBiery2b

callmelindy Posts : 8 Registered: 10/5/09
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

Thanks ladies!
Turns out I found a dress at Davids Bridal for $99. :D So, I got an awesome quality dress for under $200 like I was hoping!
Thanks again!
Lindy

MrsBiery Posts : 56 Registered: 6/8/07
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

Good job... Im glad that Davids Bridal came through for you.
MrsBiery2b

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless CockTail Beading Empire Waist Zipper Chiffon prom Dresas
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $118.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-cocktail-beading-empire-waist-zipper-chiffon-prom-dresas-p-32013.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6728 is just $309.99.

heather1987 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/6/13
Posted: Jan 6, 2013 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

Hi there. I understand how you feel.We were very hesitant to order my sister's wedding dress online after some of the horror stories we've heard but our experience could not have been happier! We found the online ordering process simple with paypal payment. We ordered a white wedding dress in a standard size and did not get the dress made to custom measurements (as we figured we would probably need to get it altered anyway once it arrived). The item arrived within four weeks and was well packaged. Dress is true to the images online and we were happy with it! I am considering buying my own weddding dress online too!

jessie409 Posts : 27 Registered: 3/4/13
Posted: Mar 8, 2013 3:02 AM Go to message in response to: callmelindy

I know one good site: JenJenHouse.com. I recently bought one dress from them.

It arrived on time as promised and seriously is amazing! I paid 100.00 for this dress and it looks like I paid 500 for it! So pleased with this purchase!

Also, recently they have an activity on their FB. You could go and have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/events/141111119389779/

You could also see the reviews on their website first and then decide.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine