Anything you would have done differently?

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Anything you would have done differently?
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 12:39 PM

Hello married ladies!

As Im getting closer to MY wedding day I have been thinking a lot about all the things Im doing for the wedding and just wondering if its all even worth it or how Im going to feel about my decisions on the day of.

So is there anything that you would have done differently in your preparations for the big day? Spent a little less on this, little more on that?

Also, I know everyone says that the day will pass by in a flash - and I believe it, because dont ALL the best days pass by in a flash! - how CAN we make sure we take it all in, every second of it!? Anyone manage to actually do it??

I am getting really excited for my wedding day to finally get here and thoughts are starting to turn to these things rather than the exact shade of yellow that I want in my centerpieces :P

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: Anything you would have done differently?
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

The only thing I can think of that I would've done differently is the parking. Somewhere between the time we booked the venue and or wedding, they built a parking deck. Because our venue was on a large park and the deck was shared by everyone on the park, we couldn't just rent the whole thing out. So their solution was for us to buy tickets and pass them out to everyone. We ended up not doing it because 1) there was no way to know exactly how many we'd need because of people carpooling, so we'd either end up not being able to pay for everyone, or we'd waste money, and 2) the thought of passing out tickets at the end of the night was not really appealing. I never heard anything from anyone, but apparently some of my dad's relatives were complaining because their parking ended up being almost $10 (and that was only for the reception!) If we had really thought it through and realized it would be such an inconvenience, we would've just paid for it for everyone.

As far as taking it all in, just take it all in! Try to breathe and look around and soak in every moment. I didn't even look at the food stations because someone made plates for us while we were mingling, but apparently it looked beautiful. I wish I would have paid a little more attention to all those little details that I obsessed over the whole time I was planning. Luckily our photographer got a lot of detail shots, so I was able to look at it all after the fact.

We spent a ton of time on the dance floor, really enjoying our reception. Sometimes I forgot I was the bride because it felt like I was just a guest having a blast dancing!

Hire a videographer. I originally didn't even consider it, because I spent a fortune on the photographer and didn't see a need to get a video, plus I hate watching myself. But, a friend of mine that got married the year before me said that she felt the same way and adamantly didn't want one, but her mom made her get one anyway. She said it was her best wedding planning decision. We just got our video about 2 weeks ago (there was a death in the immediate family of our videographer so it took him a really long time to put it together), and I'm SO glad we got it! DH and I watched it last weekend, and it was like re-living the day. Plus, they got some great footage of the guests dancing, and it had us cracking up the whole time. They edited it in a really cool way as well, which makes me want to watch it more than I would if someone had just taped it and given me the whole video.

That's all I can think of now, but I may be back

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

The main thing that comes to mind for me is to make sure things are set up the way you want them for your wedding. Even if it's being set up while you're getting ready that day, have someone take a picture of how things are being done and show it to you for your approval. I thought the people setting everything up for my wedding understood how I wanted things, but apparently not, because a few things were very different than I had envisioned, and once I was walking down the aisle, it was a little too late to correct it. ;P

I hope your wedding is everything you will dream it will be! :)

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I would have hired a second photographer. I was so tired of taking pictures-had we had 2, we could have taken pictures simultaneously. My FIL also captured a lot of pictures that our photographer missed. Our photographer was great, but I wish there had been 2 of them.

Hiring the videographer was the best decision we made. We went back and forth with it because of the additional cost, but in the end of it all it's a moment we can't get back. We're both happy we did it.

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

The only thing I can think of is my customized aisle runner. I spent $400 on a big ass pink piece of material with our name on it that is now where? In my in-law's attic! But during my wedding planning, I just had to have it!!!

Lilypie - (8e8A)

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1853 is just $449.99.

Lakado Posts : 4 Registered: 3/13/13
Posted: Mar 29, 2013 1:35 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

JuesheGowns.com They offer a variety of wedding dresses in affordable rates.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine