Blue Flowers

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

FMrsJG Posts : 77 Registered: 2/21/08
Blue Flowers
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 5:28 PM

I'm having blue flowers as my wedding bouquet...does anyone have any pictures or ideas? i would love to incorporate blue roses in it! i'm getting ready to see a few floralist and i want to have some clue. i get kinda stumped when i google it b/c i'm looking for a bright blue flowers and it comes up with light blue flowers.

thank you :)

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Re: Blue Flowers
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

The reason your search isn't coming up with bright blue flowers is because they're aren't many. In order to get them, your florist will have to die white ones. This is done by adding coloring to the water and then cutting the stems and letting the white flowers soak up the blue (or whatever color) dye you've added to the water. My mom is a florist and she gets these requests sometimes and has to crush the brides/prom goers dream of having a colored flower that just doesn't exist. Blue is also difficult because most flowers labeled as blue are actually more purple in color.....

Some options for actual blue flowers that are typically widely available are: delphinium, iris, hydrangea.

There are other blue flowers, but they tend to be wildflowers/garden flowers and are hard to use in wedding bouquets and such.

blue delphinium

True_Blue_Delphinium_Flowers ...the blue and white spikes ...

iris
126.Blue Iris

hydrangea
Blue+Hydrangea+1.JPG

Hope this helped!!

Created by Wedding Favors

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

Mine were fake.. but my MIL put it together for me and I liked it.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

here is a bouquet with hydrangeas and roses

you could get roses that are dyed blue like you wanted.
http://www.weddinghydrangea.com/images/bouquet2.bmp

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Sorry to hijack the thread but I just have to interject really quick. Oh my gosh! Liltuffgirl! I don't think I ever saw pictures of your wedding! Did you post some? You look SO pretty!!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

I was browsing my photographers portfolio this morning and found a wedding that used bright blue flowers with white lilies. Very pretty. Thought I would post the link for you

http://www.doncann.com/pages/portfolio/rt_wed/index.html

Created by Wedding Favors

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

humm I don't think I've post any here. Never made a thread about it.
But thanks :) I think my eye makeup is too dark but it's all I had lol I tried to put fake eyelashes on and failed horribly! So I tossed those out.

And blues with whites look awesome, I know because that's all I had ;) lol but blue is a fav color of both my DH and I.

OH only problem I had with the blue is finding the same shade of blue for everything. It just didn't happen for me.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

Edited by: LilTuffGirl on Dec 3, 2009 5:26 PM

firefightersbri... Posts : 49 Registered: 7/7/08
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 11:26 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl, I would just like to second: that picture of you is gorgeous. If you feel comfortable with it, I would love to see some more pictures. I like the special effects the photographer used.

As for the original poster, is using silk flowers an option? I considered using blue flowers and I had found some really pretty natural-touch blue flowers. I don't remember where but they looked like real and they came in different shades of blue. Hope that helps some.

florist Posts : 13 Registered: 3/15/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

Hi There, this is the 3rd time I am trying to respond to your post. I keep trying to copy a picture into the post and I lose everything when I do that. So, I will give you a link to look at a photo of blue iris in a bridal bouquet. http://doityourselfweddingflowerguide.com/blog/?p=98

The blue roses can be ordered by your florist from the wholesalers. You can also order the blue roses yourself from a site like fiftyflowers.com. Dendrobium orchids are not tinted blue and they come in from Thailand. Kind of look like an electric blue. The delphinium comes in three shades of blue, light blue, dark blue and electric blue. Hydrangea also come in various shades of blue. However, both delphinium and hydrangea don't like HOT weather, so depending upon where you are getting married and what the temperature will be like those flowers may or may not work for you.

I am a wedding florist.....I don't like to tint flower, because I prefer to use them naturally the way they come. However, many flowers could be tinted, and I do tint them when a bride really wants that done. The picture you show of a blue lily...not natural, but could be done.

Hope this helps! If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me at angie@heavenlyevents.net.

The Wedding Flower Diva

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

jamesnoel Posts : 1 Registered: 10/29/12
Posted: Oct 29, 2012 5:21 AM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

Hello..
These days so much variety is available in the market and blue color arrangements are in abundant. My friend also choose the same color for the wedding.

Bill_Hendersain Posts : 11 Registered: 9/2/12
Posted: Oct 29, 2012 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

Hi!)
You should read this article about Blue Flowers For Weddings Review

Good luck!)

Stacy05152016 Posts : 3 Registered: 10/17/12
Posted: Nov 2, 2012 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: FMrsJG

Image:

A lot of variations of blue in this bouquet.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine