What to do about Makeup?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
What to do about Makeup?
Posted: Aug 8, 2007 10:18 AM

Isn't a bit amusing how something little that you never gave much thought to suddenly becomes this issue when planning your wedding?

Ok, I go back and forth on the make up thing. 

On the one hand, I do my own make up fairly well....MOST of the time. 

On the other hand, I do have my days when for whatever reason I just can't do it (usually because I'm in a hurry or I have some sort of contacts issue and ruin the whole thing and have to start over). 

I'm scared that if i try to do my own make up, I'll be nervous and in a hurry... AND considering that to me it's REALLY important that I like the way I look I think I'll be extra stressed out about the way it looks.

SOO I found this make up artist who will do my make up for $80.... it's an extra $25 for the trial.  If I have BM's or my mom who wants to do it, it's $40 each for them. 

Should I just go ahead and book her?  I don't know why this decision is so hard for me.  I'd pay for mine, and my mom's so it would be a total of $170 with the trials and then the day of.  At THIS point in the wedding planning... an extra $170 isn't a big deal.  Just looking for some insight.

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Re: What to do about Makeup?
Posted: Aug 8, 2007 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I normally do my own makeup too, but for the big day, I'm having a professional do it.  I just don't want to worry about being nervous and hurrying to do my face and messing up.  The same woman who's doing my hair is doing my makeup.  She's done my hair since I moved to NC and she does fashion shoots and weddings and things, so I know she's good.  Plus, she did my mum's makeup for an event she had to go to through my dad's work and mum loved it.

If you go that route, I would just make sure she gives you some of your lip colour to take with you at you wedding, so you can touch up.

Good luck!

-Ness 

And when you say forever can't you see you've already captured me. - Mae

Good luck, Gorgeous Go-Getters! 

Posted: Aug 9, 2007 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Sigh, you're right.

I don't want to risk being nevous and doing that thing where your eyeliner is uneven so you thicken up the other side, and now that's too thick and you have to take it all off and start over... like 200 times.  Plus it'll be a lot more relaxing to just sit there while someone else does my make up.

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine