Medifast anyone?

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

40somethingbride Posts : 240 Registered: 3/28/06
Medifast anyone?
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 11:28 PM

After much frustration with trying to lose weight "the right way" by calorie counting and exercise I am trying Medifast. I weigh in this weekend after completing one full week on the program and am hoping for the best. I was recntly diagnosed as insulin resistant and am now tkaing medication for it. I lost 9 pounds at first but then it stopped. My only choice now is Medifast and I hope it works. I want to lose 38 pounds by June. Anyone out there using it? I'll take any emotional support from anyone who wants to offer it!!

kclemente Posts : 1 Registered: 10/6/12
Re: Medifast anyone?
Posted: Oct 6, 2012 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: 40somethingbride

So how did everything go with using Medifast?

IrineV Posts : 3 Registered: 8/29/12
Posted: Oct 9, 2012 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: kclemente

I did Medifast. I lost weight and did so relatively quickly but probably only because the calories were so low since it's not really that low in carbs. If you look at the carbs on Medifast as a % then it's actually a pretty high carb diet. I was never satisfied, always thought about food, and was constantly counting down the 2-3 hours before I could have my next powdered pseudo meal.I think I have a pretty high tolerance to carbs but I prefer them to come from real foods like veggies, berries, and yogurt. Medifast is just powdered artificial food-like substances that are supplemented with vitamins so you don't die. I couldn't stick to it because I knew it wasn't healthy in the long run.

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 9, 2012 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: 40somethingbride

Is it safe?I think a reasonable diet and appropriate exercise is the best way to lose weight.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine