Death of my flower girl

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 21

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Re: Death of my flower girl
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

So sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I agree that you should honor her in some way but I think a picture of her would be too sad to see that day. I just couldn't stand to see a picture of a lost loved one without crying. I think your wedding should be a celebration of your relationship and if there is a picture of your niece, it will make it hard for you to focus on the happiness your wedding brings.

Best wishes.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG!!! How sad!!  I would talk to your priest about what you can do. But I would talk to her parents before you do anything and make sure it's ok.  I am so sorry for your family.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Dear JJ......I am sorry for your loss, you are in my prayers. 

I have no suggestions, but do like the idea of having the other FW carry a single flower in her honor.

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

NotAMoment2Soon2 Posts : 101 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

First and foremost, my condolences are with you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

I think to honor her is a good idea... whatever you decide it will bring sadness to your special day. But thats not avoidable. I see everyone keeps mentioning that it'll make the moment sadder... I think just knowing your niece isnt there is sad already.... whether she is brought up that day or now... there will be sadness because her presence is missing.

My idea would be to light a candle in her honor at the ceremony. I think your idea of the bouquet is a good idea too. Its nothing too major but at the same time its done in her memory.

I hope God continues to bless you and your family... and see you all through this tragic event. I hope I was of some help.

"'Tis better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".--ABE LINCOLN

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: NotAMoment2Soon2

I"m so sorry for you loss.

I have seen examples of couples that have an In Memoriam section in their wedding...here is an example, and I know you can have a candle burning in the back of the church for her, you could even make it part of the ceremony and have her parents light the candle to  symbolize her presence. Here's an example that hte priest/minister would say

BRIDE and GROOM would also like us not to forget loved ones whom they wish were alive to share this special day with them. Please take a moment to remember those who have passed on from this earth, yet who remain in their hearts. We welcome their spirits to witness this joyous moment in the lives of BRIDE and GROOM

Best of luck

When is my wedding

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: Love2u

I too agree about having a picture of her at the reception and not having the flower toss but putting them by her picture.  That is a beautiful idea.  Also, I am very sorry about the loss of your neice.  So sad.

jamielyjones Posts : 1 Registered: 10/5/12
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know you posted this a few years ago but I need help and I haven't found anyone going through the same situation. My niece also died tragically and unexpectedly. She was supposed to be my flower girl. My nephew who is 3 will be the ring bearer and my sister (their mother) is one of my bridesmaids. It's no secret to anyone that knows me at all that I have always been so close to those children I think of them as my own. How can I honor my niece? I want to celebrate her life at my wedding, but I don't want people to take it the wrong way.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine