Gettin a flat stomach

Online Users: 1,307 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Gettin a flat stomach
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 6:57 PM

Ok Ladies I have that after birth pooch as they may say. How in the world do you get it to vanish quickly. Obviously just sit-ups don't cut it.

Any advice?

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

brix24 Posts : 165 Registered: 8/3/08
Re: Gettin a flat stomach
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I don't know but I am curious to find out the answer too!

free happiness with every moment!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I suggest Pilates. I haven't had children so obviously I can't say it definitely works, but I have had friends that swear by it. I did it for a while and saw results, but I prefer more intense workouts.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I have been doing Zumba at my local gym and absolutely love it.  It's an aerobic dance class to latin music.  We learn the samba, mamba,  salsa, etc. and even do some belly dancing.  As a result, I've lost weight everywhere, not just in one particular area. 

There's a girl in class that did it up until 3 weeks before she had her baby and now she started coming again to lose her baby weight and has already trimmed down.

I think you can look up local zumba classes on their website. Even if you've never taken dance classes before (I hadn't), you'll still be able to learn the steps and it's so much fun.  

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

Oh man I forgot about Zumba!!! I was taking the zumba class at my old 24 hour fitness! It was awesome. You burn a ton of calories. But the 24 hour fitnesses in my new town don't offer Zumba. But it was so much fun! And I am not a very coordinated dancer!

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

the only way to get a flat stomach (if you are taking about nice abs) is to do lots of cardio and some weight training. The "pouch" is fat and the ab muscles are under that layer of fat. I had the same problem and after 6 weeks of alternating between light weights and cardio i Lost 10 lbs which makes a huge difference in the ab area.

If you want anymore tips let me know! It really takes hard work and determination...I got started by hiring a personal trainer just to show me how to do things right.

MrsB2Be Posts : 16 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

There is a great dowload at the excercise tv store (just search that in yahoo) and for less than $13 they have a set of pretty awesome bridal body workouts called the Bridal Slim Down Fitness System. My favorite is Bridal Absession. I did it for a while and then of course life happens but I started again today and this time I'm sticking to it!

Also, before today I hadn't done it but I used an old stationary bike we have and immediately after I finished one of the weight loss programs on the bike and I felt it in my butt, legs and abs.

Hope that's some help!!

wedding tickers

independant2406 Posts : 58 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: MrsB2Be

I am trying a 10 day colon cleanse in order to help me lose weight (along with eating whole foods and going to the gym every day) I'll let you know if the cleanse helps!!

blushingbride10 Posts : 5 Registered: 1/3/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: brix24

wow do i know exactly how you feel. before i had my son 2 years ago i weighed 110 lbs. now im reaching 145 and am having a hard time loosing my pouch. ontop of that i have really bad stretch marks! my sister is a personal trainer and told me to start with cardio. that takes the weight of fast. i just started my diet routine so hopefully shes right. i wish you the best at losing your weight!

mizbex Posts : 40 Registered: 1/10/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: Necolei

carido is the key, all the pilates and crunches will only tone, you need cardio to melt the fat away.

running is my favorite easy fix, but there are alot of great boot camp work out dvds out there.

Psheth Posts : 1 Registered: 1/13/09
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: independant2406

thanks!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 6:39 AM Go to message in response to: Necolei

A-line White One Long Sleeve Open Back Knee-length Prom Dress With Applique
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $98.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-white-one-long-sleeve-open-back-kneelength-prom-dress-with-applique-p-32118.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

A-line Dark Purple Strapless Drape Floor-length Prom Dress With Embellished Trim
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $139.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-dark-purple-strapless-drape-floorlength-prom-dress-with-embellished-trim-p-31748.html

shellyItWorks Posts : 3 Registered: 8/30/12
Posted: Sep 21, 2012 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Not sure if you've ever heard of the ItWorks! ultimate body applicator but it tones, tightens, and firms your troubled areas in as little as 45 minutes! I am a distributor for itworks but i have also used the product myself and let me tell you it does work! I lost 9 inches in my tummy with just 2 wraps. You can go to my site and sign up as a loyal customer, get 4 wraps for $59 (retail $99) and tighten up that baby pouch in no time! This is definitely not a scam! You can email me at mommy0621@yahoo.com for more information or go to http://michellebrandel.myitworks.com

Hope to hear from you soon :)

prettymie Posts : 10 Registered: 9/14/12
Posted: Sep 23, 2012 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: shellyItWorks

for me its Pilates that works, especially in my abdomen. This also aids in posture and keeps the hips and spine supple.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine