cleaning diamond

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
cleaning diamond
Posted: May 26, 2009 11:50 AM

Any suggestions on the best way to clean your ring? I also have earrings that match my ring. Any suggestions on the best way to clean your diamonds?

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
Re: cleaning diamond
Posted: May 26, 2009 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: triciam

I know the place we got my ring from will clean if for us for free if we bring our papers with us when we go.

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: May 26, 2009 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

You can buy cleaners at jewelry stores. I usually just bring mine to the mall to any jewelry store and ask. They'll all do it for free.

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: May 26, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: triciam

My jewelry store (Kay- where we always go) cleans mine for free. It takes like 5 minutes.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

ThrilledBrideTara Posts : 42 Registered: 5/11/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: triciam

a jeweler told me that a little ammonia, u boil it in a pot, put ina littledove soap and add the ring......... Or u buy a cleaner in a bottle, and just drop the ring or earrings in there....
Or also take some soap,with a toothbrush and scrub under warm water, if really dirt scrub with toothbrush a little more without the water. also always use a paper towel, not a towel, other fragements on lint can wind upon the ring....

wedding web site

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: triciam

The toothbrush works great. It's the only thing that I'm able to clean my ring with due to how it's designed. You can also use a very small amount of toothpaste to polish the band.

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

When FH bought my ring, the jeweler gave him a bottle of cleaner and I love it. I let it soak for about 30 mins if it is dirty and it comes out looking great. It came with a little brush that does wonders. I am sure you can pick a bottle up anywhere. Also PP said, the jewerly store will usually do it for free at the mall. I have not boiled ammonia, but I have done ammonia with a little bit of warm water and soaked it in there as well and then hit it with the tooth brush.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

Windex and a tooth brush. I worked in a jewelery store for a while and when the cleaning machine was down, or already in use we would do that.

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Thanks everyone!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: triciam

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

shenzhentoby Posts : 42 Registered: 8/28/12
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 4:44 AM Go to message in response to: triciam

The designer is Lou Lou Watters and Allure Prom Dresses Watters Wedding Dresses and Something Blue. Still can't find a website or any info on the designer or any pictures Jovani Prom Dresses of the dress.. but I am making progress!Anyone know of this designer???

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine