help me wear my sister's giant veil!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
help me wear my sister's giant veil!
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 1:26 AM

ok so my sister really wants me to wear her veil for my wedding and i agreed to for my something barrowed. anyways, it's cathedral length... it's a tent! any suggestions on how to wear it? i plan on growing my hair out and wearing it half up in kinda a behive look so really big and tall and then the half down part in loose wavey curls and it'll be red by then. i was hoping to wear a vail up on top of my head but i think i'll have to wear it lower on the back of my head. would it be weird to get a second shorter veil and layer it? here's the veil....
Photobucket Photobucket

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: help me wear my sister's giant veil!
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

It actually looks quite nice with that dress. You get the Cathedral length train without the Cathedral length bustle price or mega bustle butt <G>

Wear your hair just how you had planned, but definitely tell your stylist that you'll be taking the veil off after the ceremony so she styles it accordingly

Misty

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 8:22 AM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

Actually, I think it looks great with the dress! I personally would not layer a shorter veil, but that's just my taste. And I agree with Cat, definitely tell your stylist that you'll be taking the veil off so she can dress your hair accordingly. Congrats!

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

brettdresseur Posts : 13 Registered: 9/20/09
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 2:53 AM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

I am getting the same kind of veil so I know what you are going through. With that kind of veil the focus is definitely on the face, so I will be wearing my hair pulled back in either a chignon or an updo. The other part is, have your seamstress apply minature weights to the end of the veil so it doesn't fly up and around (and catch on to anything and everything) every few seconds.
For your hair, most veils attach using a comb so you should be able to put it on and take it off in a matter of seconds without much distress to the do. Happy wedding!

wedding countdown

Soon2BAPrice Posts : 50 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:52 AM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

are you wanting a blusher, for the ceremony? or just a veil for the reception? i've seen cathedral veils with blushers, and to me they look like 2 pieces(some are some aren't)...what you could do, if you're just wanting the shorter veil for the reception, is just get a smaller veil, and stick where the other one was...if you're wanting 2 veils at the same time, i'm really not sure how that would work, since you'd have 2 "entry" points...hmmm...but i love your dress, and i like what the one poster said, about not having bustle butt! lol, that's my biggest fear!

***I"m Gonna Be A Price!!***

March 20, 2010...God Willing!...

Pricex4, Plus 1 More!!!

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: May 8, 2010 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BAPrice

now i can't decide if i want to use hers or a shoulder length "bubble" viel. this is my dress....

we're adding sheere sleeves but i'm not sure what they'll look like yet. and it looks a lot poofier on me. lol

shenzhentoby Posts : 42 Registered: 8/28/12
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 4:32 AM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

Here's a few of me
Ella Rosa Wedding Dresses trying on the sample #2083 which I ended up purchasing. I wish my sister Impressions Wedding Dresses would have stood up and took the pics, but Kathy Ireland Weddings by 2be Wedding Dresses hey good enough. My dress will be in around Christmas time!

shenzhentoby Posts : 42 Registered: 8/28/12
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 4:36 AM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

Your best bet is to call Lea Ann Belter Wedding Dresses the store and describe the gown to them. There are Mon Cheri Wedding Dresses just way too many gowns out there with similar features - they will Private Label by G Wedding Dresses be the best ones to help you narrow it down to which lines and styles they carry.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine