exercise question

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
exercise question
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 12:47 PM

Hey ladies! While I was trying on dresses yesterday they all fit very well, however I noticed my fat on my chest and back was hanging over the edges and really didn't look good. Anyone have any ideas of exercises to help tighten up that area?? Thanks!!

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Re: exercise question
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Chest presses  Just use a lighter weight (3-5 lbs) it will help tighten and keep the area from bulking up. 

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tradgedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye 

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nessa that is because the dresses were too tight!!  When I got my dress fitted I wanted the top to be altered a little bit but my seamstress told me no - look what happens when it's tighter - and sure enough I had the "back fat" look and at the arm area. 

So you don't have to be all fit and trim - just have to have the perfect fit - not too tight.

Good luck :)

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nessa you can use a combination of cardio and resistance exercise to tighten up the area. Unfortunately spot reduction is a myth so you can't just target the one area, plus you need to hit the front and the back. I agree that chest presses are good, so are chest flies. For the back lat pull downs are good, as are one armed rows, cable rows and pullups. Pushups will work both the front and the back and they can be done anywhere. My favorite exercise site http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php  Don't be afraid of the weights. You aren't going to suddenly wake up looking like Arnold because you lifted something heavier than a 5 lb weight. I bet your purse weighs more than that. I chest press 110 lbs and I have not "bulked up". In fact the more I lift, while keeping calories in check of course, the smaller I get. On top of that I've got 38DD's and they haven't 'dropped' even though I am almost 40.

beentogether9ye... Posts : 53 Registered: 10/7/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Resistance bands are good!  They are by the yoga stuff at Walmart.  You can stretch them in front of you or stand on one end while pulling the other end up, they usually come with a manual.  They are nice because they really tone with out stressing your muscles too much or bulking you up. 

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

Thanks ladies. I did buy some resitance bands, and FH is trying to help me, but we never really have time to exercise. And as for the proper fit on the dress, I still have back fat.....its naturaly rolly, and really gross....Fh says he can already see a diffrence and I have only been working out for about 3 weeks. Any more suggestions, or insturctions on some of these exercises (I am so exercise know how not smart.....) let me know!

prettymie Posts : 10 Registered: 9/14/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 4:24 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

to tighten up those muscles, you need to lose that excess fat on that area first, then combine it with resistance training for example in your back you need to do more exercises like rowing, then push up press for your chest, side lunges for the hips and plank for your abs.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine