I have a question about davids bridal...

Online Users: 1,363 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 15

Deedsbride Posts : 69 Registered: 5/8/07
I have a question about davids bridal...
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 10:43 PM

Does anybody know what there return or exchange policy is if they have one? I'm guessing i should just call the store but figured i would start here. Thanks in advance!

Whitb55 Posts : 435 Registered: 12/16/07
Re: I have a question about davids bridal...
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 2:05 AM Go to message in response to: Deedsbride

I work at David's Bridal so I can help. The exchange policy is that you can do an exchange for merchandise of the same price or more within 90 days from the day you physically took the merchandise with you. There are no returns just exchanges. As well, you cannot return anything after it has been altered. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know. Also, if you did buy something from David's Bridal the exchange policy is printed at the bottom of the receipt. 

08jada08 Posts : 165 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

WHITD55 Can I ask what store yo work at?  Because I bought a dress from Davids in Nov. and decided 30 days later that I didn't really like it.  I thought it was a no return policy until I read somebody's post on here saying the same thing you are saying.  So I called the store and asked them ( the dress has never been worn tags still on and never been altered) and they said no exchanges or anything.  Just curious.
May 17th I marry my soul mate.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

Sorry Jada, I feel uncomfortable revealing more than my first name online. I don't want people to know where I live. No offense to you at all I am sorry. My parents always pushed the "be safe online" stuff down my throat and it stuck with me.  

If I were you I would call back, if the person you are on the phone with says no still, then I would ask to speak to a manager. Also, if you have your receipt it will have the exchange policy printed at the bottom which you can take to them and show them and say ha! I don't know why they would tell you no but I have heard stories about David's Bridals being stupid. Anyway, if you do not get the help that you want from that David's Bridal call another one and explain the situation, or ask for the number you can call to speak to someone higher up. Also, going into the store might help as well. If you are personally there to stand up for yourself things might work better.

Sorry I cannot help too much because they should just let you do the exchange so you shouldn't even have this issue. We have even changed the rules for certain people and certain circumstances, but  that store should at least follow the exchange policy that the company has implemented. You might have talked to a hateful employee or a new girl who didnt know any better.  

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Thank you so much whitb55, I totally understand.  One more question does the policy change from store to store?  Or are the policies the same because they are a franchise?  I have already bought another dress and ordered my bridesmaids dresses but I could get my FG dress, shoes, maybe jewelry ect.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

No problem. The exchange policy is the same for every store because they are all under the same company. If they still tell you no give me their number. I get so mad when I hear about other stores pissing people off because I love my store and the people I work with and other people being stupid give everyone a bad name. However, some customers are just crazy. I helped a bride out for 3 hours, just her, every now and then checked on some prom girls. I brought her and her bridesmaids everything they needed and answered all their questions. Mom was rude the entire time, everyone else was fine. But they called and complained still blah. But you are just trying to do an exchange! I will call them if they do not help you because they cannot tell me no. 

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Whitb55 I was just on the phone with Davids and told them what you told me and I was very nice but firm.  I told them that you wanted their number just in case things didn't work out for me, well the sales person put me on hold and said she was going to read my event folder.  When she got back on the phone she said there was a note from her district manager and my account was approved for in store credit!!  I was so happy.  I am going to go this week and get my shoes, fg dress jewelry and other stuff.  Thank you so much for all of your information.  Had they told me this 3 weeks ago they would have sold me another dress, bm dresses plus the stuff I'm going for this week.  The second dress I picked out after I bought the first on was $400.00  more than the first one so they would have made quite a bit more money off of me.  Thanks again.!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

Thats great, I am glad things worked out for you! Hopefully they do not call my store bitching at me, but since the district manager approved it all things should be fine. You probably just talked to someone new or rude because no matter what the exchange policy I told you is it and the district manager does not have to approve that. But I am glad it all worked out. 

MissKimberly Posts : 4 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Whitb55, thanks so much for the information on the return policy. I went to Davids Bridal 3 weeks ago and bought my dress. The lady who helped me wasn't my regular bridal consultant, and she was a little rude and pushy. The result is I ended up going home with a dress I am not 100% satisfied with. I have tried it on 3 times since purchasing it and each time I like it less and less (it is a pretty dress but is missing so many elements of what I originally wanted, no corset back, no sweetheart neckline...etc)...I was alone when I bought my dress and my mom is coming up to visit in mid March (well in time for my 90 day exchange), however I may have lost my receipt (I need to check another purse to be sure), will they still do the exchange without the receipt? I hope so because I have another dress in mind which I had already tried on and its for the same price, I just need my mom's advice/approval. Thanks for any help!

-Kimberly

pbi Posts : 1 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 1:53 AM Go to message in response to: MissKimberly

You don't happen to be in West Palm do you?

I went to that store and it was absolutely terrible and the staff was rude. I then went with a friend in Raleigh and they couldn't have been nicer!!! They actually told me in Raleigh taht I could exchange it up until the day of the wedding for equal or greater value... After reading the threads, I'm a little concerned here now once again and will call tomorrow. When I bought mine, they ddint' have the Oleg Cassini line and I just fell in love with one of them online!

At any rate... if it did happen to be that one, there is another David's Bridal in Coral Gables and they tend to be very nice down there as well...

JenicaWilliams Posts : 1 Registered: 1/12/10
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 12:13 AM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Hi there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I purchased my dress from David's Bridal in store at the end of November 11/22/09 for $700 plus tax. I was looking online today and it is now $399! Do you think I can get refunded for the difference? That is such a huge drop in such a short period of time. Please let me know if you think I have any chance of getting the difference back. Thanks so much!

Iheartskibus Posts : 1 Registered: 8/13/11
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 1:15 AM Go to message in response to: Deedsbride

I was wondering the same thing about David Bridal's exchange policy. I bought a dress from the Vera Wang White line and I loved it, but then I found one of greater value I loved more online. The problem is that the new one won't be out until her new line hits stores in February. Do you think they'd let me return for store credit until I can try on the new one?

cbucks144 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/25/12
Posted: May 25, 2012 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartskibus

Sorry if I missed this above but, what about discounted items purchased in-store? Are these still eligible for exchange as well for up to 90 days? Unfortunately, I can't find my receipt :(.

Thanks!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: Deedsbride

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

LaurC9 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/16/13
Posted: Apr 16, 2013 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

Do you know if this return policy is the same now..... 5yrs later. I'm having second thoughts. I spent over 1,000$. Will I be able to exchange my dress if I have the receipt?
I am concerned.
Let me know

Edited by: LaurC9 on Apr 16, 2013 10:24 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine