wedding color help!!!

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 15

heather_bean Posts : 1 Registered: 1/5/11
wedding color help!!!
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 12:07 PM

hi,
i need help trying to figure out color schemes for my fall wedding. My original plan was to go for the traditional reds, oranges, yellows, or browns; however, my fiance added yesterday how he thinks we should go with green, pink, and brown seeing how they incorporate our favorite colors.
so my main dilemma is CAN BROWN PINK AND GREEN BE USED FOR A FALL WEDDING or should those colors stick to mostly spring and summer..

any advice is greatly appreciated :)
thanks!!

Edited by: heather_bean on Apr 17, 2011 12:08 PM

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: wedding color help!!!
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

I second Pharm! I had a spring wedding and didn't use "spring" colors. I like the idea of using all 3. Maybe, you can do primarily pink and brown and have green as an accent. Or any combination sounds nice.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

dear Heather,

For some reason brides are hypnotized into thinking they can only use two colors in their color scheme.

Think, instead, of a color palette. Think of all those gorgeous fall colors (reds, oranges, browns, yellows) and add green (also a fall color) and pink accents.

Think of a fall forest with pink birds or pink flowers here and there.

It works.

What I always suggest is to go to a paint store and get a whole bunch of color chips. Cut them apart, then mix and match until you get a selection of colors that are pleasing to you. Don't get locked in to the usual (boring) one dominant color and one accent.

Snyder1 Posts : 7 Registered: 5/17/11
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 2:57 AM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

White color always is a great choice....

That day, Beautiful!!!

mnbuck2723 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/15/10
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

I would like to think a wedding should be what pleases the bride and groom. so if you choose to have it during the fall season then have it then with the colors of your chose and not what is traditional or what is expected of you. Plan this wedding with one thought in mind; no future regretes! So take your soon to husbands advise and go with pink, green and brown. CONGRADULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE PLANNING!

KellyLarson Posts : 7 Registered: 8/30/11
Posted: Sep 13, 2011 2:45 AM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

I agree with some places here. Firstly, if you & your FH would like to go with the 3colors, then I'd say just go whatever you like,it's complete your wedding. Secondly, giving 3colors themes, it's a fresh idea for most of bride-to-be,at least for me ;-D, as I always think I should choose my wedding to be purple, orange,etc,whatever, just only focus on one single color. That's exactly right - you can pick out the color such as brown, which is autumnal color as an accent, then others to complement the theme, I think it'll turn out to be perfectly matched. Lol.

chrisw00 Posts : 2 Registered: 10/8/11
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

Yes Pink brown and green can be used. But I prefer pink, red and white.

cindy29 Posts : 8 Registered: 9/5/11
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

I personally think or pink is more appropriate, brown is the autumn colors but most wedding not use.

ronaldhelre Posts : 6 Registered: 9/19/11
Posted: Oct 23, 2011 3:40 AM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

I think you can use all the threee shades.All the spring colours and will definately add grace to your wedding.

liqinkatherine Posts : 26 Registered: 8/2/12
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 4:17 AM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

hmmm, i think these two colors are linked to spring and summer. As you know, spring is the beginning of one year and everything begins to rebirth. Pink and green is the symbol of these two seasons. And i think these two colors is much easier to find in spring and summer than in winter and autumn. Hope you will get your dream wedding dress soon. Best wishes!!!

MandyK Posts : 5 Registered: 8/20/12
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

I say absolutely! I had a fall wedding as well and my all time favorite color is peach. I love the use of brown with a really bright, vibrant color like peach or light blue or even a sage green. I decided on a brown and peach color scheme for my wedding. My favorite item was my save the dates from Wedding Paper Divas. I went with this one here. You can even choose custom colors for most of these, so you should play around with all your favorite colors with browns! Let us know what you come up with!

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Aug 24, 2012 4:08 AM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

Pink is a good choice I think ,It is a symbol of love and happy,besides it looks cute!!

James_smith Posts : 30 Registered: 6/18/12
Posted: Sep 7, 2012 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: kalama

Black and white is a good combination of wedding colors. Like the wedding couples are wear a Black and White dress they look beautiful. I think this my opinion of wedding color.

Wedding hair | wedding ceremony music | unique wedding ideas | wedding services | wedding guest accommodations | wedding watch

aley Posts : 16 Registered: 9/6/12
Posted: Sep 9, 2012 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: James_smith

what about blue and orange they are quite a good combination..i am doing that for my engagement

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: heather_bean

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine