Would a big ole princess dress look stupid on a beach!?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Hibbs03 Posts : 9 Registered: 1/6/12
Would a big ole princess dress look stupid on a beach!?
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 4:20 AM

Hi All,

Due to family and friend drama FH and i are looking at changing our wedding venue to a nice beach in FIJI. Problem is that we are now 8mnths away from our wedding date - no invites have been sent, but i have already got my dress which is a nice big ole princess style - Lanie by Mancini.
Does anyone think this would look really over the top on a beach? and has anyone got any ideas about how i can still have a southern belle kinda feel for a beach wedding?

Thanks

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Would a big ole princess dress look stupid on a beach!?
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: Hibbs03

Dear Hibbs,

It all depends on just WHERE on the beach.

I wouldn't want to see a gorgeous long dress get dragged through the sand. If you are going to walk through sand, I'd say consider a shorter dress.

On the other hand, you might be getting married on a deck or other firm footing, in which case a formal ceremonial bridal gown would be OK.

Hibbs03 Posts : 9 Registered: 1/6/12
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

We are planning on getting married on a grassy/garden area at a resort in FIJI - but have some photos on the sand - i just dont want to look stupid...or overdressed if that makes sense..but i also dont want to waste the money i spent on the wedding dress

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 11:56 PM Go to message in response to: Hibbs03

Dear Hibbs,

I just wouldn't want to see the hem of the dress dragging in sand or grass, getting sandy or grassy. That would be a turn-off. No one likes looking at torn, dirty fabric.

If you can manage to keep the dress him clean and tidy, you'll be OK.

I always wonder when I see bridal fashion photography where the model is sitting on grass, or a tree log or something. I always think the dress will be a mess after she gets up.

JessicaB2014 Posts : 8 Registered: 1/6/12
Posted: Feb 5, 2012 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

If you're questioning yourself, have you thought about trying to sell your dress via eBay or Craigslist or something and then getting a different one? Don't know if this is possible, but it's a thought!

MrsBtoBe Posts : 1 Registered: 9/5/12
Posted: Sep 5, 2012 3:21 AM Go to message in response to: Hibbs03

Hi there,

Do you end up using this dress or selling it? If you havent sold it i would be interested in buying it off you.

JFang Posts : 2 Registered: 9/6/12
Posted: Sep 6, 2012 1:47 AM Go to message in response to: Hibbs03

Dear,

I don't think the style look stupid,About Beach Wedding,we alway think chiffon dress is more beautiful.But I think the wedding it's depends on the person not the outstyle.Or May be yo can find your perfect dress here:http://partiesqueen.com/

Wish you have a wonderful wedding and happiness forever.

Best Wishes

liqinkatherine Posts : 26 Registered: 8/2/12
Posted: Sep 7, 2012 4:53 AM Go to message in response to: Hibbs03

Hmm, i think princess dress, if not the ball gown silhouette, is ok for a beach wedding. But the best one would still be the beach wedding dresses 2013 collection. You can move around flexibly. But anyhow it doesn't matter. By the way, you can add some purple flowers to make your beach wedding ceremony more romantic.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine