To women who have been bridesmaids

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

sarahg85 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/2/12
To women who have been bridesmaids
Posted: Jul 2, 2012 11:53 PM

I'm dying from ALS. Lately I have been thinking of the things I will never experience. None of my married friends asked me to be in their wedding parties and the remaining unmarried friend probably won't ask me because of my condition. I have maybe at most 3 years to live. I just want to get an idea of what it feels like to be asked to be apart of a very important day. I had always hoped that I would be in one wedding, because I wanted to know that I mattered a lot to a friend to let me stand up with them. I will never know that feeling, but I want to hear different stories of how it feels to be asked to be apart of a wedding.

wad Posts : 44 Registered: 7/18/11
Re: To women who have been bridesmaids
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 5:47 AM Go to message in response to: sarahg85

Take your own decision for your wedding dress selection.

wedding planner |wedding transportation

Sydney99 Posts : 20 Registered: 6/1/12
Re: To women who have been bridesmaids
Posted: Sep 4, 2012 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: sarahg85

First off, I'm sorry to hear that you have ALS (hugs to you). It takes a truly amazing couple to go forward with a wedding and have the faith to see it through. To answer your question, I think it would mean the world to me to be asked to be a part of someone's wedding (especially in your situation). I have been a bridesmaid and in all honesty, I always knew that it was never about ME but about my helping and supporting the bride. Perhaps you could ask their suggestions for dresses as they will want to wear them again. But honestly, it's an honor and not about the bridesmaids:)

Washington, D.C.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine