How much is a wedding photographer worth?

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

imagesbyeduardo Posts : 1 Registered: 8/10/12
How much is a wedding photographer worth?
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 9:23 AM

After reviewing the many considerations a successful wedding photographer must address, you may rightfully ask how much value to ascribe to her work. As much as we may hate the sometimes uncomfortable topic, after we review a wedding photographer’s portfolio and decide her approach to your big day is a good match, we will have to address finances.

Some wedding photographers would suggest that you think about how much you pay wedding photography services as an investment. They want to get across the concept that since your wedding photos will last well beyond the wedding day, long after the flowers have withered, the dinners have been consumed and the cake enjoyed, you should consider what you pay for your wedding photos as an investment. This idea may connect with you… or not. Perhaps you think of photos as things you are buying, and you want to get the best deal you want.

Even if you think of photo discs and wedding albums as mere products, in light of what we’ve discussed in previous installments of this series, namely, how many cameras a photographer must carry, the quality and capability of those cameras, the choice of high quality lenses he will likely make, the skilled way he will handle lighting, the special style he will apply to your photos, and the post-processing that will complete his artistic vision, you should expect to assign high value to that product.

Wedding photography, I would argue, however, is more than a product. If you connect with a truly talented wedding photographer, you will enjoy a relationship with her, and she will seek to serve your needs with the best skill and diligence she can apply to your wedding day. Here the emphasis should be on service more than commodity. Your relationship with your wedding photographer coupled with her passion to capture you as you are and your wedding day as it unfolds will in many cases yield a unique and irreplaceable family heirloom. Do you want to think of this outcome as just a product or commodity?

“But I have a limited budget,” you say. That’s a very real constraint for many. Often this constraint is accentuated when all other wedding expenses are allocated and committed before hiring a wedding photographer, leading to fewer and limited choices when it comes to the quality of service and photographs a wedding photographer will be able to deliver. You may luck out and find a very talented, just getting started wedding photographer and artist who shows up with just one camera and one lens and somehow manages to do a fantastic job… or more than likely, not.

Perhaps a better approach to a limited budget is to prioritize the things that are most important to you, and if in your case, special, high quality wedding photography is important to you, then reserve a larger portion of your budget toward achieving that outcome.

Read the whole series here:
http://imagesbyeduardo.com/main/tag/wedding-advice/

{Eduardo Suastegui is a wedding photographer and fine art photographer serving the Downey, Los Angeles, California area.}

wad Posts : 44 Registered: 7/18/11
Re: How much is a wedding photographer worth?
Posted: Aug 13, 2012 7:30 AM Go to message in response to: imagesbyeduardo

Here i like to share my wedding experience. I have used wedding planners websites for my wedding planning and it's used me for lot. Really i got wonderful wedding photographer my wedding. my self enjoyed my wedding

Edited by: wad on Aug 13, 2012 7:30 AM

wedding planner |wedding transportation

beryl1 Posts : 18 Registered: 6/19/12
Posted: Aug 15, 2012 8:55 AM Go to message in response to: wad

Search wedding magazines and websites for photographers that you like. Examine the styles of different photographers and figure out what you like most.

_________________ Great option for weddings nextstepphotobooths l Click here

maria328 Posts : 48 Registered: 3/9/12
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 3:10 AM Go to message in response to: imagesbyeduardo

This is just what I want to ask, I didn't have a photographer budget.

jesy Posts : 9 Registered: 8/28/12
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: maria328

Well, it can be worth a lot to have a good photographer, after all it is your ONE BIG DAY and should be memorized appropriately. However, the most expensive is not necessarily the best. I would try to figure out before which pics are important and if the photographer really has to stay around all day.

morgancoleman Posts : 2 Registered: 8/8/12
Posted: Aug 29, 2012 12:47 AM Go to message in response to: imagesbyeduardo

Photographers are always special when it comes to the wedding. They take the best shots for your memories which you see and remember in future. They have the best technique which is used to enhance the beauty.

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Aug 29, 2012 5:45 AM Go to message in response to: imagesbyeduardo

I don't know how much is the wedding photographer.My sister ask a friend to take ptotos for them,I think it will be a little cheap than the store.

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Posted: Aug 31, 2012 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: Catherine88

Be careful about asking a friend to take your wedding photos. Remember, you get what you pay for. Unless the person has a very good camera and knows how to pose people for the best lighting and backgrounds, you may be very disappointed in the results and you won't be able to take those photos again. Photography is one area where you don't want to skimp.

iwedplanner Posts : 24 Registered: 7/20/11
Posted: Sep 8, 2012 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: Syringa

Wedding Photographer is a important person to capture all wedding stills and photos. So, he is a valuable person for my thoughts.

wedding budget planning | wedding forum | wedding photo album | wedding gift registry | wedding blog | wedding hairstyle

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine