DoubleGreen Posts : 285 Registered: 8/12/07
Re: "average" wedding cost
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

You guys should see this.

http://stupidweddingcrap.com/archive/139

mhsams74 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/19/12
Posted: May 19, 2012 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

my husband and i got married last January and we had 300 guest and we spend maybe about $20000. Granted we had a lot of favors done for us. For instance we knew our dj,and photographer who did it for free and our florist and cook we knew too and we only had to pay for the cost of the flowers and ingredients. Everyone who came to our wedding was shocked by how much we spend because they said we had a beautiful wedding and lots of fun. But i dont know if you know a body who does that stuff but it makes a really good wedding gift. It can be done! According to Wikipedia there are 2.5 million weddings in the US every year, and the Wedding Industry has turned into an empire and they make about 40 billion dollars a year. So yes they benefit financially by telling you that you NEED to spend that much money.

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: May 27, 2012 9:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The "averages" are pushed up by a few very expensive weddings. After all, even if you have 99 people with $10,000 weddings, it only takes one person with a $1,510,000 wedding to bring the average for all 100 of them up to $25,000. And while the disparity is not actually that extreme, I have seen figures that suggest that at least three-quarters of weddings cost less than the average.

Our wedding Web site and items for sale

James_smith Posts : 30 Registered: 6/18/12
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 7:43 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I think wedding budget calculation is is very tough to plan a wedding. so, anyone suggest a best wedding planner for plan my wedding budget.

Wedding hair | wedding ceremony music | unique wedding ideas | wedding services | wedding guest accommodations | wedding watch

PlannerJessie Posts : 14 Registered: 11/10/11
Posted: Jul 31, 2012 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: James_smith

Check Elite Wedding & Event Planning @ http://www.eliteweddingandeventplanner.com

Jessica Ares Certified Wedding & Event Planner Elite Wedding & Event Planning www.eliteweddingandeventplanner.com

beryl1 Posts : 18 Registered: 6/19/12
Posted: Aug 15, 2012 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

In the early planning stages itís a good idea to talk to a professional event planner or wedding consultant to get a sense of whatís feasible and whatís not. You donít have to make a big financial or time commitment to use a professional; many will assist you on an hourly basis for a nuts-and-bolts session to determine priorities and to assign costs to items on your wish list.

_________________ Great option for weddings nextstepphotobooths l Click here

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that you can save a lot of money,if you do some preparation。
You can buy many things online,including wedding dress,wedding cakes etc.I think you can save much if you do it by yourself

Enogialu Posts : 1 Registered: 8/29/12
Posted: Aug 29, 2012 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: kalama

If you live in the city, look at venues 1-2 hours away, the prices could be HALF those in the city, plus you can make the wedding a "mini destination" by getting out of the city without spending too much more. In the North East, there are many great venues in VT, NH, and ME just a car ride outside of Boston and NYC. Furthermore, because there's less demand, brides can easily reserve the entire property of the venue for the whole day. I would say you can do a traditional wedding for 100-150 in NH, VT, and ME (maybe western MA too) for about $20,000 pretty easily. Less than 10k is hard though. You really have to start cutting to get under 10k.

byrdyj Posts : 1 Registered: 8/30/12
Posted: Aug 30, 2012 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My Fiance and I literally live in the middle of a National Park.....26,000 is Insane we knew it was expensive to get married in a "real" City but I can now thank God I live where I do AND that we are DIY'in it..... When you DIY it It does bring the cost down by quite a bit.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine