Wedding Program Details

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

katsu49 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/26/12
Wedding Program Details
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 12:14 PM

I am kind of confused as to how to do the Parents section on the wedding programs; so many complications. To start, my parents and my fiance's parents are both divorced.

My mom's boyfriend is helping with the wedding and has been terrific, and I'd like to honor him... but my father's girlfriend (and my father) haven't been at all involved. Do I have to put my father's girlfriend if I put my mom's boyfriend? I'm still putting my father on there, obviously. I don't want to make waves with anyone but it feels kind of weird to put her on? If you guys think I should, then I will!

My fiance's father isn't coming to the wedding, should I put him on the program anyway?

Thanks for the help!

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Re: Wedding Program Details
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: katsu49

Because the boy friend is not a parent, it would be awkward to list him as one. A perhaps less controversial solution is to include a thank you section at the end of the program. In that area, you can thank him and anyone else who has been particularly helpful. That way, he is acknowledged but not as a "parent" so your father and his girl friend shouldn't have a problem with it.

beatrizromero Posts : 37 Registered: 5/30/12
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 3:02 AM Go to message in response to: katsu49

Oh, the relationship is very complicated I think.
In my opinion they're just girlfriend and boyfriend, not the parents.
So to avoid any confusion and embrasements, I do advise you don't put them in the list.

wad Posts : 44 Registered: 7/18/11
Posted: Aug 3, 2012 3:03 AM Go to message in response to: beatrizromero

Thanks for your forum and it will use for my wedding

wedding planner |wedding transportation

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine