Photographer Overload! :/

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

jennywren86 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/12/12
Photographer Overload! :/
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 5:13 PM

So here's my dilemma. We are working toward a March wedding(not officially engaged yet) and I don't know how to choose a photographer. My cousin, my boyfriends sister in law and our mutual friend(who i want to be one of my bridesmaids) have all done professional photography. Of course I want my cousin to do it, and he wants his sister in law, but we really prefer our friends photography the best. Id like to have our friend do the engagement session so she can be in the wedding party but I don't know how to pick between family members without hurting someones feelings. :( they're both overly emotional ladies! haha if we weren't on such a strict budget I would hire someone else entirely. Any suggestions?

KingsQueen13 Posts : 18 Registered: 4/28/11
Re: Photographer Overload! :/
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: jennywren86

Would it be entirely rude to ask both of them, or would they be competitive against one another? Just tell them that you like both of their styles/techniques and would love the chance to have both of them photograph your special day. Would your mutual friend take offense that she'd be doing only the engagement session? I have friends that are photographers but I don't want anyone feeling like they have to work my wedding instead of just enjoying it. I hope things work out.

arield Posts : 4 Registered: 7/5/12
Posted: Jul 12, 2012 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: jennywren86

You could have more than one photographer and there is a great way to make it seem like it was purposeful. Check out a website called http://www.trycapsule.com/weddings . It allows all of your guests to easily upload their photos from your wedding. Plus it has a lot of other great features. I know you have probably heard of sites like this but this one is different and better. You can have as many photographers as you want and all of their pictures will be on one site for everyone of your guests and you to see.

Edited by: arield on Jul 12, 2012 6:47 PM

Edited by: arield on Jul 12, 2012 6:49 PM

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: jennywren86

Hello Jenny,

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Believe it or not, I know exactly how you feel and I'm a photographer. My daughter's Bat Mitzvah is coming up and I'll need a photographer as I will not be able (allowed under the pain of death from my wife) to carry a camera that day. So how do I pick from my many photographer friends to photograph the day? Not only are these people my friends but also the folks who refer business to me when they are already booked. So the last thing I want to do is alienate anybody. Personally, I decided to hire an associate photographer to do the job for me. However, you stated your budget just didn't allow you to hire a photographer.

So here are some of suggestions. Please understand that if your options were not professional photographers (I assume they are experienced wedding photographers), I wouldn't be making these. As was mentioned, you can ask both of them to photograph the whole day. From personal experience I can tell you, you can be a guest or a photographer but not both. There are unique challenges when you are photographing your own family's event. One such challenge is when Aunt Sally stops by to chat and you've absolutely got to grab a specific shot at that exact moment. Another option would be to split the duties of the day. One photographer is responsible for part of the day and the other another part. The beauty of having two photographers is that you can have one follow you and another your FH. That way you'll have the day captured from both points of view. If all else fails, just elope (just kidding).

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

NiamhMaire Posts : 92 Registered: 6/7/12
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: KingsQueen13

I agree. You should ask both. It's great to have so many photos and the style of photography will vary. Also if your budget is low I lovvve the idea of disposable cameras on the wedding table.

Bing/a> |

jennywren86 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/12/12
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 1:29 AM Go to message in response to: jennywren86

Thanks for your input! I am
Lovin that website. Will definitely need to incorporate that.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 8:11 AM Go to message in response to: jennywren86

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine