Wedding Planners - Good Idea?

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 18

nechen Posts : 1 Registered: 8/21/11
Wedding Planners - Good Idea?
Posted: Aug 21, 2011 10:43 PM

I am just starting to plan my wedding. What are your thoughts on wedding planners?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Wedding Planners - Good Idea?
Posted: Aug 22, 2011 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

Dear Nechen,

If you have a complex wedding and can't depend on family or friends and if you can afford it, then great. Engage a wedding planner.

If you are going to the courthouse on your lunch hour, I can't see hiring a wedding planner.

lilly14 Posts : 13 Registered: 8/8/11
Posted: Aug 26, 2011 8:45 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

They can be helpful def in the final week

Edited by: lilly14 on Aug 31, 2011 5:00 AM

phillaws Posts : 1 Registered: 9/1/11
Posted: Sep 2, 2011 4:03 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

A wedding planner gives you time which you need the most for yourself during wedding. If everything is done by family members then you can see the exhaustion on their faces in photographs.

jakeanderson147 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/16/11
Posted: Sep 16, 2011 7:27 AM Go to message in response to: phillaws

Dear Nechen,

If you have a complex wedding and can't depend on family or friends and if you can afford it, then great. Engage a wedding planner.

If you are going to the courthouse on your lunch hour, I can't see hiring a wedding planner.

Shadowcat Posts : 16 Registered: 2/17/11
Posted: Oct 1, 2011 1:47 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

We have one. She's technically a "coordinator," and she came with the venue, so, no extra cost to us...but we actually haven't used her, much, so far! (But then, I'm the sort of person who likes to know about all the details, and she's spelled my name wrong in every single email I've gotten from her, so...) I do anticipate using her on the day OF the wedding, though, because I don't want to deal with last-minute things (like, what if someone forgets to give my mom a vegetarian meal at dinner? please don't make me take care of that), on the day of.

So, since our coordinator was included in our package, I'm hoping that she's worth it, but if you have to spend extra, I'd probably think about how much peace of mind might be worth--it might be worth it!

greefever Posts : 2 Registered: 10/14/11
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 4:34 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

I think it's better to hire a wedding planner to take care of the wedding. Everything would be handled in much more professional ways. That's much better.

EmilyEastondotcom Posts : 38 Registered: 7/16/11
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 6:32 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

If your budget won't allow for a wedding planner, at least consider hiring a "day of" helper. It doesn't have to be a professional -- sometimes an energetic, helpful and smart friend-of-a-friend can serve you well. She becomes the person you discuss all the day-of details with in advance and she's the person you don't feel bad "ordering around" for the dozens of details on wedding day.
But if you can, do have a professional wedding planner. They can make all the difference in the world!

Edited by: EmilyEastondotcom on Nov 3, 2011 12:09 PM

MariaPearce Posts : 20 Registered: 10/11/11
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: EmilyEastondotcom

If you have the budget, you should definitely hire a wedding planner. They will take so much stress off of you and the amount of responsibilities you will have. In addition, they are professionals so they know what themes and patterns work well together to create a wedding that's absolutely stunning

jonmphotography Posts : 3 Registered: 7/29/10
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: nechen

Ill give you my advice from a different perspective of a wedding couple. I am a Lake Tahoe and Sacramento Wedding photographer, and I can tell you the weddings that I attend that have planners are much better for so many reasons than those that dont have them. Every time there is a wedding planner the wedding seems to go off smoother, the bride is more relaxed, and in the end everyone has a better time. The ones that dont have planners usually have mom and dad running around like crazy setting up the reception, trying to handle the bride, making sure the vendors are taken care of and so on. The bride gets stressed out as they will be calling her to go over things where as your planner is a pro, and will take care of issues without you even knowing there ever was one. I assume they are a lot of help before the wedding during the "planning" phase. If you can afford it go for it. It will be a weight off your shoulders.

Those are my 2 cents,
Jon M Photography
Sacramento Wedding Photographers

Edited by: jonmphotography on Jun 19, 2012 6:10 PM

NiamhMaire Posts : 92 Registered: 6/7/12
Posted: Jun 21, 2012 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: nechen

This all depends on the size and detail of your wedding. If you are disorganized like myself I highly recommend it, especially for the minor details that we all tend to forget. I think ease of mind is also priceless. It really depends on your personality type at the end of the day.

Bing/a> |

nuciko Posts : 9 Registered: 7/5/12
Posted: Jul 5, 2012 5:22 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

if you have a big wedding with lots of guests and a little bit more money, than wedding planner is a good idea. But if you have a little one with close friends and family members, you can pick lots of wedding ideas from wedding web-sites. I did so and contented very much.

http://www.alacraft.com.au/

PlannerJessie Posts : 14 Registered: 11/10/11
Posted: Jul 5, 2012 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: nechen

Wedding Planners are a great idea if your wedding is a big one. If its going to be a small wedding and you can do it on your own so go ahead, then if you think possible to hire a day of wedding planner, where she can go over everything and anything you have done thus far and make sure it is all set on time and runnung smoothly. Now if your wedding is small and you just dont want the stress and can afford one, go ahead, I am sure you will not regret it. Congrats...

Jessica Ares Certified Wedding & Event Planner Elite Wedding & Event Planning www.eliteweddingandeventplanner.com

James_smith Posts : 30 Registered: 6/18/12
Posted: Jul 28, 2012 6:34 AM Go to message in response to: nechen

Me struggled to plan my wedding like you. That my friend suggested to use iWedPlanner wedding website for wedding planning and it's helped lot for my wedding. I was finished my wedding as grand within my budget.

Wedding hair | wedding ceremony music | unique wedding ideas | wedding services | wedding guest accommodations | wedding watch

Enchanted_Affairs Posts : 4 Registered: 8/1/12
Posted: Aug 5, 2012 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: nechen

I am a wedding planner. So i will tell you how I help my brides. I take the stress away. I confirm everything. My brides never wonder if the invitation are mailed if the RSVP's have been counted. I do it for them most times. I allow you to enjoy the fun of being engaged. But if your budget doesn't allow for full wedding planning package opt for day of coordination. most weddingplanners have thatit allows you to still enjoy one of the most important days in your life. You wedding day.

Hope this answers your question.

Happy Planning

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine