white BM dresses, is that Ok?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

AnnahShilts Posts : 2 Registered: 4/25/12
white BM dresses, is that Ok?
Posted: May 25, 2012 10:25 PM

Im really liking the white bridesmaid dress look. But my mom and some of my other friends have kind of freaked about it. They all keep reminding me that it is white. I know I am supposed to care about that, but I love this dress (It's the first one my sister(MOH) and I have agreed on.) My colors are black and white with green accents. We have a lot of green in the button bouquets I am making, so I want black and white dresses, and then I started hearing that bridesmaids can't wear white dresses (my dress is a diamond/neutral white--Not Bright white.) so the first major question, can you have bridesmaids in white? second, this dress is at least 3 shades brighter than my dress. Is it going to make my dress look dirty?
the dress I want
http://www.inweddingdress.com/style-br187.html

longdistancebri... Posts : 6 Registered: 2/23/12
Re: white BM dresses, is that Ok?
Posted: May 28, 2012 2:11 AM Go to message in response to: AnnahShilts

My bridesmaids are doing the same freak out except its over black dresses. the different shades of white may make your dress look dirty or dull in comparison. Is there a way to get a swatch of the bridesmaid dress fabric to compare to your dress? if so I would do that. I see no issue with white bridesmaid dresses just maybe do black or green sashes and shoes? So its not to much white? Or maybe think about black dresses? if your bridesmaids are buying their own dresses they will love you for choosing black because a black dress is more likely to be reworn and can be made to look less funeral-ish by adding white or green accents. plus the contrast of black dresses to your dress will make yours look whiter and stand out more.

AngieBestBridal Posts : 4 Registered: 6/6/12
Posted: Jun 6, 2012 7:49 AM Go to message in response to: AnnahShilts

Absolutely! White -- for brides -- doesn't hold quite the same significance it once did, so having the wedding party wear white is perfectly fine, and will create a beautiful backdrop for flowers and other accents. As far as the shade of white, I can only suggest that, if possible, you physically put your wedding dress with the BM dress (or a sample dress of the same color and fabric) to get an accurate visual of the contrast -- and take pictures to get an idea of how they'll look together for your wedding photos!

As for others freaking out over your choices -- just remember, it's your wedding and your vision -- if you love it, that's all that counts.

Wedding <3 from Frew's Bridal and BestBridalPrices.com!

sugarbox Posts : 44 Registered: 10/13/11
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: AnnahShilts

In my opinion,don't wear white BM dresses,you can choose other colors.According to your wedding theme.Maybe you can find dresses online,it's a good way to get dresses.I know some good sites and i want to recommend a site to you,you can try ulovedresses.net,in my opinion,i think this site is well,there are many beautiful dresses you can choose and the price is cheap,you can accept it.They will provide high quality with dresses and good service for customers,these are important for customers.And they will give a discount for customers,it's a good chance to get dresses.That's just my opinion,i hope it can help you,good luck for you.

Janefreedom Posts : 6 Registered: 6/8/12
Posted: Jun 21, 2012 5:29 AM Go to message in response to: AnnahShilts

Dear, in my opionion, BM dress can not be more bright than the wedding dress, let alone 3 shades brighter. if you really want white BM dresses, you can choose cream-coloured or light pink, these color are close to white and not brighter than the wedding dress. and mini length BM dresses would also make you unique. just like this http://www.dailyshop.com/bridesmaid-dress-taffeta-strapless-tea-length-sash.html
Besides that, you do need to care about what your family and friends say , wedding is a big day in life, you may feel more happy when other feel happy. congrats about the wedding. :)

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 7:50 AM Go to message in response to: AnnahShilts

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine