the ring...how does it work? confused

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

karyz Posts : 3 Registered: 10/8/11
the ring...how does it work? confused
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 5:24 PM

So, I hear couples going to get the ring together. Does this mean, he popped the question and then they go to the store together and she picks out her ring?

Or do men still pick out the ring for you on his own and propose the old fashioned way? and you have the ring he gave you.

JamesAlicia0612 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/24/11
Re: the ring...how does it work? confused
Posted: Dec 24, 2011 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: karyz

One of the best things about being in a loving relationship is knowing your partners strengths.

My fiance has no idea how to pick out jewelry and he hates doing it so he asked me and then I picked out my ring. I got what I wanted! Old fashioned proposal with the ring of my dreams :) There's nothing wrong with getting what you want :)

Wedding Tickers

Heidib17 Posts : 7 Registered: 12/18/11
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: karyz

My fiancÚ and I had been talking about getting married for years. We have been together for 9 years (since we were 15). We went and looked at rings and I picked out one that I loved but I didn't know if he had bought it or when he would propose etc. So when he proposed 2 months later I was completely blown away! He wanted to make sure I loved the ring that I got and it was a nice thing to do together.

Jjulian Posts : 3 Registered: 3/14/12
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: karyz

It seems to be increasingly common for brides to be to help their guys pick out the ring she wants, but I know in my case that my guy found out which ring I wanted and then surprised me with it. I guess it depends on the type of couple and how surprised the bride wants to be.

ElenaIuliana Posts : 21 Registered: 1/24/12
Posted: Apr 13, 2012 6:40 AM Go to message in response to: karyz

there might be the option in which the future groom knows about the tastes of the bride and he picks the ring as a surprise...

wedding dresses

Pussy Posts : 10 Registered: 4/17/12
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 5:34 AM Go to message in response to: karyz

I think the man should know about his girlfriend's taste and size, then go to the shop picking one his girlfriend might desire for. Ask her go out and give it to her unexpectedly. That's the way that makes the relationship go romantically.

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 5:12 AM Go to message in response to: Pussy

and also, I agree with you, Pussy!@

wedding gowns

Rini Posts : 14 Registered: 4/10/12
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 1:55 AM Go to message in response to: karyz

As per me both of them choose the ring together... As me and my fiance did... we r not in the same city so we decided to buy online and for that www.grandgowns.com was the best option for us... THey provide me with complete wedding materials and we both satisfied that we choose the ring together...

Here is the link of ring i m posting we we both chose and is still in my finger as our lucky charm

http://www.grandgowns.com/pearl-rings-jp-gf-jz0184

Hope this helps u lasies

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 7:16 AM Go to message in response to: Rini

thanks for sharing this thread, I find it extremely useful!

wedding gowns

IFFER Posts : 6 Registered: 5/25/12
Posted: May 25, 2012 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: karyz

There are no rules. This is your life, and you can do what you want. My boyfriend has his own plan up his sleeve, but anything goes nowadays, including girls asking guys ;)

ShannonGrace Posts : 2 Registered: 5/31/12
Posted: May 31, 2012 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: IFFER

I like the idea of him picking it out by himself. Maybe leave a picture around or mention how nice someone's looks as you pass by, but it seems sweet to have something always to remind you of the time that he thought of you and nothing else as he made that purchase, and then gave it to you in such a sweet way,... but I don't like to pick out my own birthday gifts either!

maryusmith9120 Posts : 4 Registered: 6/29/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2012 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: karyz

It's all preference. If you really don't mind going with him to pick out your own ring, bring it up and I'm sure he'll let you know if he wants to do that or if he wants to pick it out himself. If you really want him to choose, just shoot him helpful hints (email pictures of rings you love, watch a marriage movie and comment on the ring when it shows up). My fiance picked my ring (after I shot him a couple of dozen emails with my faves haha), but my parents picked their rings together. Whatever works for you!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: karyz

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine