Guest help: gifts for 3 parties?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Guest help: gifts for 3 parties?
Posted: May 14, 2012 5:00 PM

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've been on here, but now I have a guest question and I'm stumped!

My sister is getting married in early August and I'm invited to her bachelorette party/lingerie shower, her shower which is 2 days before the wedding, and the wedding itself. For the shower, which I won't be attending because it's two states away and I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I have already purchased a $50 spa gift card for under it's value at an auction. I'm also in the middle of making her a Quilt for her wedding, of which I have already purchased $70 in fabric for just the top piecing alone.

My question is, what on earth am I going to do for her shower 2 days before the wedding? My income is not large and I am going to end up spending a lot of money with this quilt. I know I'm obligated to bring a gift, but can I go with spending $20 for one without looking like a cheap sister? She got us a nice camera and a gift basket full of scrapbooking supplies and a silver picture frame for our wedding, but she makes considerably more money than my husband and I (probably put together). Can I get some help on etiquette here? Aunt, especially you?

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Re: Guest help: gifts for 3 parties?
Posted: May 15, 2012 12:44 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Hello WW,

Gifts are given based on what you can afford and not what the recipient can afford. If you are invited to a lot of if you are not attending one of the parties. I personally, would not hold it against you if I knew your finances didn't permit you to spend a lot of money on gifts especially if you are 33 weeks along. Having a baby is expensive and you will have another mouth to house and feed. Give a gift from the heart and don't worry about how much it costs. The quilt is a great gift since you are making it. Perhaps, you can come up with another hand made gift or find something unique that does not cost a lot of money.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Posted: May 16, 2012 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Can you give her something creative rather than expensive for the shower? You are clearly a creative lady, not only with the quilt but also in obtaining the spa certificate as you did. Since it is a lingerie shower, perhaps an IOU for a favorite brand of underwear or maybe something that would have meaning for just the two of you from your childhood. Did she perhaps have a favorite pair of Cinderella or Little Mermaid (you get the idea) underwear that she wore constantly? If so, give her a pair in a little girl size (for her future daughter) along with a special note recalling the memory. It will be her favorite gift yet won't cost you much.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine