Major drama with the in laws

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

nadine_hanth Posts : 6 Registered: 4/21/12
Major drama with the in laws
Posted: Apr 21, 2012 12:57 AM

I have left my family to be with my fiancÚ as him and I are different cultures as well as religion. I have tried numourus times to spend time with his family and get along with them. As I am missing a big part of my life, now the wedding is 10 months away I'm still broken that my fami,y will not be there, but his family attacked me verbally and show no support in the wedding. They are not even offering to help pay for the wedding. What should I do with his family? Really don't want them there but it's his wedding too

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Re: Major drama with the in laws
Posted: Apr 25, 2012 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: nadine_hanth

Have you considered eloping? It is not the parents' responsibility to pay for a wedding; it is the bride and groom's responsibility. Neither your parents nor his have any obligation to help pay unless they volunteer to. Rather than risk your wedding turning into a disaster, perhaps you need to change your plans and go away somewhere for a quiet ceremony.

Have you had had premarital counseling? If both families oppose the marriage, then maybe they are seeing something the two of you aren't. Counseling with a neutral third party will enable the two of you to enter your marriage with your eyes wide open.

nycnichole Posts : 27 Registered: 4/12/12
Posted: Apr 26, 2012 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: Syringa

Have you had had premarital counseling? If both families oppose the marriage, then maybe they are seeing something the two of you aren't. Counseling with a neutral third party will enable the two of you to enter your marriage with your eyes wide open.

I agree with Syringa.

dolphschluter Posts : 4 Registered: 5/13/12
Posted: May 13, 2012 4:17 AM Go to message in response to: nadine_hanth

Well, in this case PREMARITAL COUNSELING is very important. When you have different religion and even both families are reluctant for this wedding so it will certainly bring a disaster. You need to go for a COUNSELOR who can help you in this regard very well.

Lantlig Inredning

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine