Photosharing Sites

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Lulu79 Posts : 19 Registered: 3/8/12
Photosharing Sites
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 11:11 AM

I would love to send guests home with a little note attached to the favours with a link to a website where they can all upload any photos/videos they took.
However, I'm having issues finding something like this. My requirements are:

• It has to have the capability for me to download my guest's photos in hi-res. Many of these sites turn them into low res.
  • It has to allow a fairly large amount of photos to upload.
  • It has to be EASY for guests to do this. I don't want them having to download an application, etc to do this.

I don't mind paying for the service, but so far I've looked into Flikr, Picasa, Photobucket, Zooomr and Image Shack and none of these are good enough.

Thank you!!

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Re: Photosharing Sites
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

You might want to look at Yahoo! groups. I think that has all the abilities you desire and it is free.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

sytandy Posts : 1 Registered: 4/5/12
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 7:12 AM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

Look at http://www.seeyouthen.com.

It has all the elements to invite friends, family and guests to participate. Your URL, theme it to your wedding, etc.

Andy

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: sytandy

I would not use that website because buried in the Term of Service it has a "rights grab." In other words, when anybody uploads anything to their service, they have the right to use the photo how and when they so choose. One day, you could find your wedding photo in an ad without having been paid for it. If you or one of your guests happens to become famous a few years from now, they can use the photo. Finally, if somebody decides to sue them for misappropriating a photo, you've indemnified them to cover this so now YOU are on the hook for the cost of the suit.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Apr 19, 2012 2:30 AM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

We used Winkflash. It is free, and allows for unlimited uploads and downloads of full hi res images.

Our wedding Web site and items for sale

maryjmaclaughlin Posts : 4 Registered: 5/8/12
Posted: May 8, 2012 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

I think Picasa isn't bad. If you care about Resolution then I have tested it and found it very helpful. I post my own personal photos and get the same quality in terms of Resolution.

Minecraft Private Server - Perfect World Private Server

MemoriesGrow Posts : 5 Registered: 5/23/12
Posted: May 30, 2012 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

Lulu: I'm the founder of MemoriesGrow We allow families to create a personal timeline and for you to share specific memories with those you choose.

You could create a wedding "album" and share with all of your guests and they can upload their photos to that album.

We're in the middle of a redesign and we'll be adding the ability for anyone you grant access to that memory to download the full resolution images. That way your aunt Mary can upload the photos she took and you, your mom, your sister, whoever can then download Aunt Mary's photo.

Feel free to take a look (it's free) and if you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Kevin

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine